Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 8
Saul, first off, I want to congratulate you again on your continued wonderful performance. Not that you need to hear it from me, but massive kudos. You have correctly nailed the market zeitgeist so far, and picked the right stocks.

On Fastly, which is down another 18% today, the fact that their guidance was flat Q over Q seems....concerning for a stock with an incredibly high 40x P/s valuation. On top of which they may lose their largest customer. A 35% drop in 3 days would concern me, personally, you have a higher risk tolerance though.

AYX, which you predicted have Revs up 30-40% after wisely reducing your position came in at only 17%. And is predicting only 7-10% growth, at a 25x P/s that seems pretty bad. The 85% ytd gains are down to 19%. Lucky for me, I took profits at 175 because the growth expectations were simply unreasonable.

DDOG rev growth dropped from 87% to 68%, still very good of course. They guided down to 50% growth however. [I also had been slowly selling out of this one and closed the position today.] Still over 42x P/s.

Given the slowdown [after the perhaps once-in-a-lifetime Covid bump] in sequential growth, how 'slow' does the relative slowdown have to be for you to exit these kinds of positions?
Are you comfortable continuing to predict massive growth for these firms when their own predictions for next Q are for 0% growth or 7%? We see them getting punished severely when their 'beat-and-raise' is no longer good enough due to their high valuations.

You have done an amazing job on CRWD, a name I foolishly sold out of months ago. Big mistake. And Zoom of course, among others, that goes without saying.

I wish I had your gains, believe me, but I'm up 30% ytd so I'm happy with that. If I'd just held on to CRWD, ETSY, PTON, LULU I'd be doing a lot better.

Best,

Naj, recently exited DDOG, AYX, CHWY.
Long COUP, ADBE, ADSK, MSFT, FB, AMZN, ATVI, AVLR, NFLX, GOOG, BKNG, MA.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.