Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 31
Saul, my post was not directed at you and was not based on Fastly specifically.

It could have been "insert name here" stock. What appeared to happen is a lot of people followed you in and then quickly followed you out.

So what I was left to wonder is whether or not people had their own reasons for initially buying shares (or did they come up with reasons to justify owning shares as part of groupthink?

Then the same with selling. Did they have their own reasons for selling or did they follow you out and then justify the reasoning after making the decision?

My overarching point is that it's been a quarter or two during a really crazy time. The results a couple of quarters ago blew expectations out of the water, the stock shot up (people following momentum) and now the company is still growing faster than anyone expected at this time last year, but has slowed down since their amazing Q2.

The stock is still up 200% or so on the year and I don't think the business is disappointing anyone other than people who bought the stock because it was going higher who were hoping to do well over the next month or 6-months...which is not sound investing.

The whole thing (buying and selling) feels like herd mentality on this board and whether it was Fastly, Crowdstrike, Zoom, or any stock, it's a concerning sign that people might be ignoring your warnings to not just blindly follow you.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.