Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I'd raise fares and simultaneously make my planes hijack and bomb proof.

The first thing to do is to make the cockpit totally inaccesible to passengers. They'll need their own bathroom and eventually, a separate entrance but for now, a very secure door would do the trick.

The next thing to do is hire two armed plain clothes guards to fly on every flight. These guys would be equipped with something that wouldn't risk puncturing the aircraft, like tasers and martial arts or maybe even some kind of knife. Perhaps the weapons would be locked to the guard with a chain and handcuff, so they couldn't be taken away short of sawing off the limb. This would force hijackers to bring their own weapons and overpower the guards, whereas the guard would already be carrying a ten inch blade or so. Boxcutters vs. ten inch blade would be intimidating. Of course they could just put a bomb in a suitcase, so I'd get special security on the ground for all united flights. No carry on baggage at all and everything searched. Use the increased fares to hire more people to take part in the careful luggage search. The whole idea is to make United THE hijack and bomb proof airline and that would steal customers from other airlines as well as bring people back if they'd been scared off.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.