Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
...on the way home from work last night! Cute and tiny. I want to see Sco in one <g>

Susan
Print the post Back To Top
I think Talona and I (and our friend Riss) saw one of those Sunday. It was funny, we're all in the car talking, and as we pass this car, all 3 heads just turned to look. :-)

Kaiti
I saw my first Cooper S Saturday. It was just as I would order one; color, wheels, etc. I wanted a better look, and tried to keep up in mixed traffic. The driver was conducting himself in a manner that suggested he didn't have a dime in it, and with all my ponies and zeal, I found it hard to reel him in. Fortunately, a typical minivan mom assisted me in a pick play, and I got alongside.

It wasn't as small (on the outside) as I expected, it seemed quite spartan inside, and it moved through traffic like a wet, soapy, Labrador puppy after 9 Mountain Dews.

5Speed
IIRC when British Leyland made the Mini the Cooper was a model upgrade. Did BMW continue this or are they all Coopers now with the S being the only upgrade?

GeeB
Ameliorating obfuscqation since 1902.
No. of Recommendations: 1
obfuscqation

==========||==========

That "q" sure obfuscates things.
Cute and tiny.

=======================================================================

Almost bought a Cooper 1275 S back in 1967. Now that one was cute and tiny. Also the scurge of the autocross sedan classes.

UncleLee
GeeB--they're all known as MINI now, not Cooper.
they're all known as MINI now, not Cooper.

That's backward. Both models are Mini Cooper. With "S" you get a blower.

http://www.miniusa.com/link/home

5Speed
I was thinking that the U.S. is only getting Cooper and Cooper S versions, but that Europe was also getting a basic Mini with a smaller engine yet, something like 90hp...

I was in St. Louis a month or so ago visiting a friend, and had a chance to visit the dealer there. I got to sit inside one in the showroom, although I wasn't able to drive it :( They also had a Cooper S, but apparently the sales manager had been driving it personally quite a bit, and it wasn't around.

The passenger seat and driving areas were bigger than expected. However, the interior, with the matte silver/aluminum finish wasn't quite as classic as I was hoping for, maybe a little too plasticky feeling or something? Overall the car looks and feels bigger than it actually is, except for the back seat, which we were not brave enough to even try and squeeze into with the front seats in a comfortable slid-back position.

HoosierBean
You're right 5speed!
and it moved through traffic like a wet, soapy, Labrador puppy after 9 Mountain Dews.

And that means what in english? Does it need it's shocks and springs replaced, and a serious wheel alignment thrown in too?

Remember that no editors are checking here, looking for wannabe automotive journalists.

Save the jigsaw piece metaphors for your friends; we don't impress as easy as your date at the Grad Dance after nine Mountain Dews.

LOL!

Just kidding, honest!

docrobot
Also the scurge of the autocross sedan classes.

Scurge? Scurge? Oh, Scourge!

From www.dictionary.com

scourge (skûrj) n.

1. A source of widespread dreadful affliction and devastation such as that caused by pestilence or war.
2. A means of inflicting severe suffering, vengeance, or punishment.
3. A whip used to inflict punishment.

docrobot,
"The Scurge of the message boards!"

He he!
sat in one sunday-cooler inside than outside, at least at first glance. but a lot of thin-looking plastic in a camry-price class vehicle the size of a geo metro. dash was cool, big tach, power window switches were neat, the central speedo made me wonder how many right hand drive models were being built. the used car manager is t rying to find an s model right now down in florida. what do the things list for new? we have ours priced at around $24k, which i assume is well over msrp.
we have ours priced at around $24k,
===*===

Ouch!
what do the things list for new?
===*===

5speed posted a link to their website where you can build your Mini and it will give you the MSRP.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=17348392

knight427
I want to see Sco in one <g>

Future Wife and I are considering it.
After the '67 Mustang is finished up of course... ;)

- Sco
Jeez... grammar critic and quick in the sheets. Why isn't your toothbrush wet?
Why isn't your toothbrush wet?

I was wondering the same thing. I think it's just the poster's way of saying "I love you". Check out recent posts and you'll see a pattern.

5speed posted a link to their website where you can build your Mini and it will give you the MSRP.

http://boards.fool.com/Message.asp?mid=17348392

interesting?
weird?

supposed to be BMW..... but no mention (i could find) of
BMW on the mini site (or Mini on the BMW site)...

i live in an area with zillions of bimmers and have yet
to see a Mini...

&
(per the Mini site) my nearest Mini dealer has a different
address from the nearest BMW dealer but the *same* phone number.

-jp
Approx list of the mini we have-$20k. hey, whats a $4k tip among friends? and we have added a british flag to the roof. thats worth $4000, isnt it?

and we have added a british flag to the roof. thats worth $4000, isnt it?
===*===

Uhh, I'd say more like -$4000, but to each their own.

knight427
Heh, here's a snippet from a Car & Driver review:

"...The Mini S (and the less-potent Mini) is a good value because it is two barrels full of monkeys. It's not unlike a ride on a quick go-kart. It's a rousing game of air hockey. It's a trampoline. It's the infectious laugh after hearing someone fart in church. If we didn't value that highly, most likely we'd be reviewing electric toothbrushes.
—Daniel Pund"

http://www.caranddriver.com/xp/Caranddriver/roadtests/2002/july/200207_roadtest_mini.xml?&page=3
Saw a black over yellow one, not a recommended color scheme.

Da Mopp
Saw a black over yellow one, not a recommended color scheme.

Why? Do you think someone might flag it down, mistaking it for a taxi? LOL

Charles
Why?
===*===

'Cause it was ugly.
Do you think someone might flag it down, mistaking it for a taxi?

==========||==========

And we all know from Fathers' Day that Charles has Taxi on the brain!

GeeB