Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
But if the Olympics end....then we are stuck with the NBC lineup! Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

:-)Charlie
Print the post Back To Top
But if the Olympics end....then we are stuck with the NBC lineup!

Look at the bright side; Queer Eye will be back on Bravo.

David
No. of Recommendations: 10
Charlie, I can help. Now stay with me, this is comlicated. I want you to look at your remote control. Actually look at it. In the upper right hand corner, there is a button that says "Power". Press that button. No, don't worry, your tv is not broken. It is just off. If you press the power button again it will come back on. Go ahead and try it, I will wait. There, see. I told you not to worry. Okay, now, turn it off again. Now set the remote down on the coffee table and stand up. I know, it's hard, but you can do it. It has only been two weeks. Look to your left, she that big rectangle thing in the wall? That is called a door, walk over to it. That's good, you can do it, I am so proud of you, I want you to open the door, good, good, yes that's the way. WHOOPS, sorry, I should have warned you about the bright light. That is called the sun. No, don't be scared, it is a good thing. Feel how warm it is. Take a deep breath, doesn't that feel good? That is called fresh air. See, no need to worry about NBC at all. :)
So we have only NBC!!! Don't forget the biggest event of the new Fall Season - The return of Ken Jennings ( aka The Jeopardy Guy ).
Look at the bright side; Queer Eye will be back on Bravo.

LOL...It never left. Bravo does not show Olympic coverage during prime time.

:-)Charlie
LOL...It never left. Bravo does not show Olympic coverage during prime time.

Ooops, you're right (as I would expect you to be on this subject). I've not tuned to Bravo during the evening, because NBC has usually been showing what I want to watch (mainly gymnastics). Then again, since this past week has consisted largely of moving into the new house, I haven't even watched a lot of that.

But I thought I saw an ad for a new QE coming up the week after the Olympics; are they showing re-runs, or new ones?

David
But I thought I saw an ad for a new QE coming up the week after the Olympics; are they showing re-runs, or new ones?

I believe it is reruns for now. Plus they are getting ready to show the UK version on a regular basis. Double the fun!

Charlie
Don't forget the biggest event of the new Fall Season - The return of Ken Jennings ( aka The Jeopardy Guy ).

Also known as, "My Favorite Mormon". ;-)

Dean
Then again, since this past week has consisted largely of moving into the new house, I haven't even watched a lot of that.

There's always Tivo*. (I personally have ReplayTV, bought before I realized the difference.) I figure if NBC is going to tape delay everything anyway, it doesn't matter if I delay it longer, and I get to delete all the commercials and stuff I don't want to see. It's amazing how much faster you can zip through 3-4 hours of coverage. I've seen all the key moments, averaging only about an hour and a half a night.

Dean

(*I own Tivo stock, btw, so why not pick up 2? Or 3? ;-)
There's always Tivo*.

Actually, I taped a fair amount of stuff; not sure when I'll watch it, though.
That was the great thing about a VCR, it cut down on my TV watching. Once I tape something and can watch whenever I like, in many cases I never get around to watching it.
This year, the main thing I wanted was to tape some of the badminton, just to have to show to people who don't understand that it's a real sport, and not just something to play at a picnic with a beer in one hand.

The other thing that I'll make sure to tape is rythmic gymnastics. I was going to tape some handball, just to see what it looks like, but managed to watch part of a game one morning. Neat game, but I'll not bother taping it.

David
No. of Recommendations: 1
The other thing that I'll make sure to tape is rythmic gymnastics.

When is that on? I saw enough of it one year to notice that it was very "WTF?". It needs further investigation and, possibly, mocking.

LCK
When is that on? I saw enough of it one year to notice that it was very "WTF?". It needs further investigation and, possibly, mocking.

I think coverage starts tonight after midnight. The times are on the nbcolympics website (which is the slowest website I think I've ever looked at; not worth the effort at work).

David
I think coverage starts tonight after midnight. The times are on the nbcolympics website (which is the slowest website I think I've ever looked at; not worth the effort at work).

I stayed up extra uberlate to watch it and it didn't come on. Rats.

LCK

It was on (which kept me up too late). I think it was Bravo, but I'm not sure.

The US does have one competitor. I don't think she'll make the cut; she was good, but looked totally outclassed by the others that were shown.

One thing about the girls (can't bring myself to call them women) in rythmic gymnastics is that they are incredibly flexible. It's at times almost mindblowing the way that they move.

I just wish that they were allowed to do a little more tumbling; seems natural when throwing the prop.

David
It was on (which kept me up too late). I think it was Bravo, but I'm not sure.

Oh, that explains it. I don't have cable.

LCK
Oh, that explains it. I don't have cable.

Too bad, at least for the Olympics. The coverage on the cable channels is much better than the main NBC show. It's also where all the non-marquis events seem to end up (like badminton, fencing, and handball).

David
I see on the listings that NBC will be showing some rythmic gymnastics in their normal programming tonight. Will be mixed in with track events, diving, and synchronized swimming, so don't know how much there will be, but at least a chance to see some.

David

Funny, I saw it.

I think it was on NBC at 12:35 am.

Really amazing how they can contort.

There is still more to come, and I have used the NBCOlymic schedule to get all the dates and times and have set TiVo to handle it all.