Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
“say that because you have mentioned going out to dinner, the beach, even a vacation trip still considered - all this week! “

No I was one of the stupid ones. ;) Cali is on lockdown. Northern Cal longer then southern Cal. Vast majority of folks are following the rules and socially distancing themselves.

We only went once this week to a restaurant for to go food, as I was trying to help a friends place survive this. By I think Weds the order went out to close everything in LA. SF and the Bay Area have been closed for I think a couple of weeks.

The beach, yes I’ll be at the beach every day. I work out, stay distant from everyone but my wife. Talk with friends from a good 8 to 10 ft away. Workout in the sand, run, soak up some sun. Have to exercise for physical and emotional reasons and to keep immune system high.

As for vacation, that was paid for and leaving on the 29th to Kauai, a place of sun, warmth and humidity. A much safer place I felt to hang out for a couple of weeks. We did cancel the trip a couple of days ago because the reports from friends there are that they are on lockdown now as well, restaurants closed, 9pm curfew, and we have no idea if as days pass that they aren’t going to stop all essential travel to the islands as the governor is warning. Thought best to stay in place.

So yes things are changing seemingly every hour, but the beach is still on the agenda. I’m going down in a few hours.

TMB
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.