Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
who ya got???

people in Buffalo area never forget...NO GOAL!!!

Brett Hull Game 6 series clincher on Dominic Hazek in triple overtime
while in the crease!!!

Tony Romo can't believe that was 21 years ago...people here in Buffalo
still hate Dallas for that and losing back-to-back Super Bowls to the Cowboys...
Print the post Back To Top
I'd like Dallas. Some players I like and the team has more personality. Tampa bores me.
let me guess, Dallas has more former Bruins then Tampa!!!
I didn't think Dallas would make it this far and they have been outplayed in most games. But the goaltending and Jamie Been coming out of hibernation have done the job. He got the team energized.
If Seguin ever joins the party they stand a chance.
Im pulling for Tampa,but, Dallas reminds me of St Louis from last year...

momentum when it counts...at end of season...
let me guess, Dallas has more former Bruins then Tampa!!!

They do. Seguin and Khudobin. Although I would have favored Vegas' Reilly Smith over either.

But, I have always liked Jamie Benn, and saw Bishop play goal when he was with U Maine. Like Pavelski too.

Balancing that is 'hockey in Texas is just non-sensical'. So .... that goes against them, but .. hardly favors 'Tampa'. I don't think I'd favor Dallas over a Northern city.

And Tampa has been a rival. I don't care for them, although do appreciate Hedman's game.
"Tampa bores me."

Cool, it's not just me!
I dislike both teams so it's hard to root for anyone. But if I had to pick one of them I dislike more it would be Tampa Bay. Not only because they beat the Bruins, but because they play the style of play known as "bore the enemy until they fall asleep".
I don't know what Tampa Bay team you folks were watching, but I think they were anything but boring. If covering the other team like a blanket and playing good fundamental hockey is boring, I'd take it with my team.

At times the series between NYI and TBL looked like a speed skating match and at other times it was whack-a-mole. In particular the 3rd line of TB with Gourde, Goodrow, and Coleman hit anything that moves and they can score also. They have been hitting as much as the 4th line does.

I will be rooting for Dallas, but I don't know how much further Benn and Khoudobin can carry them. The goals allowed between TB and Dallas is stark 64 by Dallas and 42 by TB; hard to overcome.
I was never on the edge of my seat with TB games in general. Never particularly excited. Philly games were much more exciting, edge of the seat type games.
Scoring chances were slim. I was yawning most of the time, distracted by other things like my refrigerator LOL.
I think Tampa can play exciting fast paced hockey. They have not this post season, but that is because of the opponents. Columbus plays heavy and slows the game. Boston can be fast paced, but is a defensive focused team. NYI and Dallas slow the game down. My boredom with Tampa is more a lack of personality than style of play. I think Hedman has some, and Maroon. Maybe point. Their point guys, Kucherov and Stamkos lack any form of charisma.

Dallas was fortunate to win the first. I missed the initial period, which I hear was ... boring, but the rest of the game was engaging.
The first period was dominated by Dallas; shots started out 5-0. This continued to second period but not as much domination by Dallas; still 2-0 periods over who controlled play. TB owned the third period with the exception of Khoudobin.

TB is not as conservative as they once were. Their d-men are definitely involved in the offense and will move up. Again, what is written as their 3rd line (Goodrow, Coleman, and Gourde) are probably getting as much play as any other line. If you don't see them playing exciting hockey; you may have to put down the iPad.

I said that Dallas would go as far as Benn and Khoudobin can carry them. I may have to add in the aggressive defense. It was also obvious to TB as they went after Heiskanen as their number one target.