Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
x-posted from the Home Theater board:

Hi gang! I know this is for Mac DV, but I can't find any other boards for DV and I need help with a project, so I'm begging. I got a new toy for Christmas - a light scribe. I burn a ton of my own DVDs, mostly for use with homeschooling the kids. I'm trying to find out how to copy one frame from the DVD to use as the lightscribe cover. I'm sure this is probably a simply operation, but I can't figure out how to copy the one frame.
I burn the DVDs on the DVR system we have, then lightscribe the label onto it after, so the video is never actually on my computer. Will I have to copy the video over or is it possible to simply grab the one frame off the DVD?
Kathleen
Print the post Back To Top
Have you tried 'Grab' - the Apple screen dumping utility?
BF
Have you tried 'Grab' - the Apple screen dumping utility?

I am, unforutnately, not on a Mac which is why I apologized for posting about this on this board, but I couldn't find any boards having to do with PCs and DV. Everyone else in the house has a Mac (and some have both!), but the software I work with the most is not available for a Mac, and I really couldn't justify spending that much for a system that I would have to buy extra software just to get it to the point of running what I needed it to.
Kathleen
OK you may want to try 'fraps' for a PC - or go to versiontracker.com and search for 'screen grab'.
BF
OK you may want to try 'fraps' for a PC - or go to versiontracker.com and search for 'screen grab'.
BF

Thanks!! I appreciate it.
Kathleen