Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Has anyone looked at Schwab (SCH) as a potential RM? I don't personally use them, though I know many online investors (my brother for one) who swear by them despite them charging 2-3 times the competitions prices for online trading. They get good marks in my book for convenience (not only online but thousands of offices around the country), gross and net margins, and are in an industry that is growing fast. Compared to the other traditional brokerages they seem a bit more able to change and adapt. Plus, I have heard that they have a large portion of online investors as loyal clients.

I haven't run all the numbers b/c I wasn't sure who to compare them to: big brokerages like Merrill Lynch, or to newer online services like EGRP?

Any other ideas for potential RM companies? I'm a new and excited RM investor and would like some ideas from others.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.