Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
The last 5 years I was an employee of a sales company and itemized business/job expense deductions (ie. vehicle expense, travel, meals and entertainment, other) with Schedule A and Form 2106. On July 7, 2000 I resigned from this company as an employee and started my own company as a sole proprietor. Do I still itemize with Schedule A all the expenses that occurred prior to 7/7/00? And then all others with Schedule C? Or all on Schedule C since that is my status as of 12/31/00? I'm single and will be filing Schedule A anyway because my medical expenses and charity gifts are more than the standard deduction...........just not sure where to deduct the business expenses. Please help soon.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.