Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I am setting up the finances to get my graduate degree and would like to know if those pay-for cds with grants, scholarships, etc. are worth there salt? Seemed odd to have to pay for potentially free information, but I was curious. As,I would like to get as much "free money" as possible and don't want to be un-Foolish,I would like your thoughts and any ideas/sites for financing. Yes, I am haunting your Paying for College articles and site.
As always, thanks a bunch.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
In my limited experience they are not worth paying for. The financial aid office people are there for you for free, if you're in an urban area you can visit the aid offices of several schools. They frequently have notebooks of info of aid sources. You can also visit libraries, or even bookstores looking at funding sources. Then there's always searching the web. I expect you'd be disappointed with what you paid for.
No. of Recommendations: 1
There's a wealth of free information to check out -- and no shortage of guys who want to charge you $$$ to provide info that's free from other sources.

First, try http://www.finaid.org/ for all kinds of financial aid info.

Next, talk to the financial aid office at your school and get all the info you can from them. Fill out all their forms, meet all the due dates, etc. Talk to the department in which you'll be studying and find out if they have any special awards for which you can apply, assistantships, etc.

And live below your means and save every penny you can.