Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Scolag
Funny you should ask about IP telephony, after three months of research I just jumped into VOCLF today. They are an emerging company that is creating the best IP telephony products on the market. They have won numerous awards. The market is quite diverse, it is much more than just providing an IP gateway at a telco office. VOCLF has products covering all areas of the market. There is a Magazine called "Network Magazine", the January edition breaks the group down very well and states VOCLF as one of the leaders. This has the potential to be a monster market. They compete mainly with Lucent, but according to this article they offer products that Cisco doesn't and they are working closely with Cisco to make their products work together. They are also working with Lucent to creat the standard for IP.
Recent revenue increased strongly but losses widened because of R&D. The stock jumped right back up today though which is pretty bullish. Two key points are that Deuschte Telekom owns a large stake in VOCLF and VOCLF owns a large stake in ITXC. ITXC is supposedly buliding the largest IP backbone in the world. These deals with the fact they are working with the big boys in what could be a huge market makes this $14 stock a real buy. If nothing else they make a really good aquisition target for Lucent to grab in order to dominate Cisco. I'm loong. As good as it looks though I still don't see anything close to a sure thing like Aware is.
Loong Aware and VOCLF!
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.