No. of Recommendations: 1
Scolly,

That's a commendable idea but, I live in a rural area where school isn't as important as sports. The majority of kids in this area will not progress beyond high school or tech school. As a child I hated to read. It wasn't until a language arts teacher in 5th grade suggested I read the "boxcar children" series for the mystery requirement for the school reading program. After reading one in the series I began to like reading. Over the next 3 yrs I grew to love to read!!

I think we should findout what kind of reading program in the school they offer and maybe we could somehow help to promote reading with a prize. I know they had a program at the public library in the town I grew up during the summers & still do. Don't know what the prize is for the most read know but, in a low income area it might not take much.

Just my $0.02,
RF
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.