No. of Recommendations: 0
I'm finalizing a decision between Scottrade and My Discount Broker. I have not had any success in finding out independent information on the financial standing of their parent companies, Scottsdale Securities and Sovereign Securities. I've tried online searches for stock symbols and freeedgar with no luck. Does anyone have another suggestion?...Thanks
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
<< I'm finalizing a decision between Scottrade and My Discount Broker. I have not had any success in finding out independent information on the financial standing of their parent companies, Scottsdale Securities and Sovereign Securities. I've tried online searches for stock symbols and freeedgar with no luck. Does anyone have another suggestion? >>

Well, you could try your local library, at least to find out who the parent company really is. If the company is privately owned, that's probably the only place you'll get the financial information anyway. Sovereign Securities belongs to Southwest Securities Group, traded under the symbol SWS. I couldn't find a listing for Scottsdale, so it's either too small to be listed where I checked, or the books are too old (you may be more successful). Is there some reason why you don't just ask each for a copy of their Statement of Financial Condition? I doubt if an independent source will report anything but what is provided by the company.
Print the post Back To Top