Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
As a secularist, I understand that I fail to feel the emotional pull of the church and of the joy worshiping in the company of fellow faithful. I get that being able to be in the company of fellow Christians and Jews is important in the cause of religious practice. But is a temporary restriction such as this something religious leaders want to oppose knowing they will have to face their members when some lose family, friends and fellow worshipers because they packed churches and synagogues?
——————————————
“Even in a pandemic, the Constitution cannot be put away and forgotten,” the majority said an unsigned opinion issued just before midnight Wednesday. “The restrictions at issue here, by effectively barring many from attending religious services, strike at the very heart of the First Amendment’s guarantee of religious liberty.”
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.