Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
SDCom wrote:
I had heard that it was possible to contribute to my IRA for '98 up untill I filed my '98 taxes. I had thought that I could only contribute untill Dec 31, 1998. Which is true?

It's the former. You have until tax day (I don't think filing extensions extend that deadline, though). That is, for 1998 contributions you have until April 15, 1999. Make sure you specify which year you want the contribution to count for! In the absence of those instructions, your broker will credit it for the year in which it was received.

Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.