Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi Everyone,

As I posted on the what to wear board, I'm planning on making the following outfit for myself:

http://store.sewingtoday.com/cgi-bin/voguepatterns/shop.cgi?s.item.200002759=x&TI=20005&pageNum=3&M=&UK=33040338

Does anyone have any advice on seam finishes that I could use which will look professional for the parts which are not lined (i.e. pants)? I don't own a serger. My sewing machine is a 20year old Kenmore, one of the very first programmable machines. It does 100 stitches, about 60% of which are decorative.

I believe the stretch top uses seam binding to finish the seams. Most seam finishes that I can think of (french seams etc) will be bulky or untidy (pinking). I have zoodles of sewing experience, mostly medieval costumes and seam finishing has always been my weak point.

Thanks,
Snie

Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.