Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 4
SeaPhantom writes:

"Great Post" huh? Really?

If this board is about being self-employed and offering input/insights from our experiences, then I'm willing to participate. If we're going to "quibble" over whether the quote that I was given (by someone else, a man who I respect) was perfect or not, or even if someone's spelling or grammar is correct or perfect (as I've seen in some earlier posts)...as Dennis Miller says, "I'm freakin' outta here!"

Well, gosh, Sea (since we 'know' each other), I really did/do think it's great.

I mean the guy gave me information. Not just a long brag, but insight into a part of the world I know little about.

I don't know about you, but I recommended his post. I make it a habit to "rec" posts that give me new information. After all I run into a dozen people a day who'll gladly boast of their exploits and I can (occasionally) garner some insight into the places and institutions they mention by way of justifying their brag, but it's a real pleasure to get a little insight without having to run the verbiage through a BS filter.

That particular "quote" was kind of er... strained and so stood out from the rest of the fine post. Being a kind of amateur communicator I appreciated the straightforward communication and felt the author would appreciate a pat on the back and a little help straightening out that well known (but morphed almost beyond recognition) quote.

Desert (you can call me Dave) Dave

Men occasionally stumble on the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened.
--Sir Winston Churchill
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.