Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
When is Motley Fool going to implement a simple search feature inside of each group? I cannot believe such a large and well known site lacks this?!
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
That's a comment to post on the Improve the Fool board--

http://boards.fool.com/bad-marketing-behavior-29403219.aspx

And I think you will find it is a long standing request from many.

But I suspect TMF thinking goes like this--

1. Having participants respond to the same questions again and again keeps the postings fresh and up to date.

2. The extra postings increase the click rate and hence advertizing revenue. (Perfect indexing/searching might reduce clicks and revenue.)

3. A better search function would probably have to be licensed from a software supplier and hence increase costs without increased revenue. (Other investments offer better potential returns when capital is limited.)
To which I would probably respond: I use Motley Fool discussion boards about 1/100th as often as I use others because they failed to implement the minimum number of features needed to make their product either competitive or useful.
How about using Google restricted to the boards?

Example:

bond funds vs individual bonds site:boards.fool.com

The results are clustered around the Bond board and the other stuff that gets pulled in is not bad either.
No. of Recommendations: 0
That's an okay variant, but for some search terms it would give too many false positives. It's still a good idea and good that you documented it.