Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
Per this thread, there's some interest in experiences with the new 2-shot shingles vaccine.

https://boards.fool.com/shingles-shot-34148367.aspx?sort=who...

I got the first shot 2 months ago, and had a much stronger reaction than expected.

I got the second shot about 12 noon, Wednesday, 8 May, again at the pharmacy in HEB, my local grocery store. The tech asked if I'd reacted to the first, and I replied yes, that I had felt like I had the flu for 24 hours. He said that was normal, and that this second would be worse.

Uhmm... Say what?!?

The injection was like getting hit in the shoulder.

I took 2 tablets of acetaminophen and napped much of the afternoon, and after about 10 hours, my shoulder was hurting! I took 2 acetaminophen, slept all night. Thursday, my shoulder muscle was extremely painful, the muscles around my shoulder (shoulder blade, pectorals, the muscles of my neck) all were tight and painful. I slept/napped most of the day. I took ibuprofen Thursday evening, and slept all night. Friday morning, most of the pain and tightness was gone. Friday evening, and I'm ... 90% recovered?

I was lethargic, but didn't really feel like I had a flu or cold. I just felt ill and weak.

The painful shoulder and tight muscles sucked. Bending and twisting my neck was painful, moving/raising my arm hurt. I was stiff and uncoordinated. My back, hips, and legs were all affected.

FWIW
🙂
ralph still thinks that if this prevents a shingles experience, then it's been worth it.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.