Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I recently ran into a mutual fund which has yielded hugh amounts to patient investors. I am young and I just opened a Roth IRA. You can't start too early planing for you retirement. My investment broker Gary Backstrom who is the V.P of A.G.Edwards explained to me a mutual fund by Fidelity Investments called Destiny I (FDESX). Reviewing this stock and it's track record I was amazed. If this mutual fund stays at the same pase it has since it's inception in 1970 yielding 19% a year. WOW!! that's a lot. The manager has been around for 17 years and is not even close to retirement. I figured if I invest $2000 a year for the next 40 years my portfolio will have grown to around $10,000,000. YES 10 million dollars. That would be a nice amount of money to retire with. This stock is not meant for people who are looking to get rich quick but for someone who wants to save a set amount regularly and put it in the back of the desk. In 40 years when you review it you will be amazed at the things compound interest can do to a portfolio especially with a extremely high yield like FDESX. If you are interested ask your Fincianal Advisor about it. I just want everyone to retire in style. I hope I will. Wish me luck!!
Jacob
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.