Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 88
WoW! I have tried to come up with a gold star post for days. It is so hard to put into words what you all have meant to me. I didn't want to name anyone for fear that I would leave some of you out. But it seemed impossible not to take this opportunity to let you all know what you mean to me. If I do leave anyone out, I apologize in advance. You are not forgotten in my heart.

I came to TMF due to my real life friend aroach. We were raised together as cousins and grew up together as friends. Some say we even have our own language when speaking to each other. While our likes and lives remain very different, she is still one of the most important people in my life. And I thank her for sending me here.

I am always amazed that you people still talk to me. Lets face it...I have had some pretty bad posts. But whether I was crying in my beer or laughing, you have all continued to talk to me. World Record Guy, the perfect man and perfect friend, and P413, the kindest and sweetest brought me to GMS but don't blame them. I belonged here. redsavina defended me, taught me things and was always a source of my laughter and an ear to turn to when I didn't understand things. czeslaw2 is by far the best human being I have ever met. Without her to talk to I am not sure where I would be today. dlkeiley has kept me laughing and been there for me to talk to. When I first came to GMS, CaveGirl was on her ride to a red star. She is now my partner in crime and friend. I love that no matter what time I get online I can be sure she will be there somewhere! While swimdad kept me laughing about his big breats, InkJetLabel made me stretch my brain and learn a little more. Darkside was always here for fun and folly. MizBlue made me feel welcome on any board.

Then I left GMS for my hiatus. When I returned I got to know Ascalon, who is such a dear friend. GunnarSK was here to tempt my mind and give me friendship and fun. Markux (beersex, told ya I would say it) is my very own personal trainer and MVP and has been there for me in so many ways. He has cried and laughed with me. He may have been laughing at me but I prefer to think it was with me! sync2sink, who is also going gold today, was always kind. Anyone who has not gotten to know sync is really missing out! Kaellner and JohnnyBillions always gave my ego a little boost. BizDani was always kind to me. Bbritts has some of the funniest posts on GMS and she is pretty funny on IM, too. tisonlyme, my dear friend ian, is the sweetest, most sensitive and wonderful man. His friendship means the world to me.

Joelsenior...there are not enough words for Joelsenior. I fell for the posting avatar thing just like every other newbii. I really couldn't stand JS. Then I decided it was funny and got to know the actual man. And I am so glad I did because he is a beautiful man..teehee...and someone I am proud to call friend. But don't tell him I said so because he wants to keep this avatar thing going. Obviousman is a constant source of amusement for me and somehow always gets left out of these types of posts so I am going to make sure he is not left out of mine. PalmerB has stunned me with his love of everyone and his concern. I adore him. shinynewgirl says all the things I wish I could say as she does. topdog3, lserrin, juliewinter and jamestox have each given me friendship and support and fun. I treasure them all. DrachMan, gabe, I miss you and wish you would come back. Nothing can take the place of talking to you. UKBankerBoy is another under-rated poster. He is truly one of my faves. Sunrunner4...I used to pick on him because it was so much fun but then I got to know the intelligent and funny man he is. It is still fun to pick on him though. tootru and Schreddzki make me smile at their romance. ntoriousdan and Reptucky do, too. kaigun is one of the most fun guys here. He is always ready to post and laugh. As is jbisme. While I am happy for him to be quitting his job, it will be a sad day when he no longer posts here. UncleLee kept me laughing at his doppels and snowytenn did the best trivia. CrawlHamburger is sort of warped and I like that! He is also funny and much more intelligent than he gives himself credit for. Everyone at British Invasion made me feel welcome and loved. I only wish I had more time to post there.

Last but certainly not least, are my German friends. One of my best times at GMS was when they came here. I loved the Butterbrezl threads. MacMurph, who is so much fun to make blush and is a dear friend. Anja is intelligent and sarcastic and very caring. Heinz is a sweetheart and 75007 posted the best quizzes.
Butterbrezls's forever!

If you read this far, you definitely deserve your own gold star. Sorry for the length and sorry to anyone I accidentally left out. I was thinking back to my early days so I am sure I have left out some newer posters. The newbii really do keep GMS going. I love you all.

Sheryl

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.