Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
See, I would make the argument that patients could self-swab, kinda like Cologuard. I'd be more concerned with reproducibility - meaning that COVID and flu swabs that require a rather aggressive nasopharyngeal swab can have false negatives based on technique alone. I wonder if that matters for veracytes test.

It also would require a bit of a mindset shift from pulmonary to go from screening CT to swab first. I like the concept and the potential TAM, but it bothers me a bit that they are not growing as fast as GH. Going back to my own personal risk reduction habits, I would prefer to see uptake of their nasal swab testing.

For comparison, briefly looking at Cologuard uptake, YoY increases were often well over 50% (and often close to 100%) from 2016-2019 for cologuard, so 15-30% gains for the Veracyte offerings are a bit anemic.

Currently, I struggle to see a significant number of pulmonologists not doing CTs for patients rather than swabs, and as such, I struggle to see veracyte having the growth of EXAS or GH... Obviously Veracyte is priced significantly less than either of these companies, and I think that until they can show faster uptake, its warranted.

(also, no problem if you wanted to get in at the ground floor, just saying its not for me right now)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.