No. of Recommendations: 3
Seeing icons like the Coliseum used as a traffic circle is disconcerting to the first time visitor, but Rome, like Paris, New York, London, Tokyo, Shanghai and the like should rank right up there with visiting the Pyramids, Matchu Pichu, Angkor Wat and other bucket list items. But, ce’est la vie, it’s off to the Manneken Pis.

The Coliseum was the first place I ever got the feeling that I was walking into history. I could almost hear the cheering of the spectators and the roar of the lions. I first went there in 1970 and it had a profound affect on me. The Pyramids were even more incredible and I strongly advise anyone going to Cairo to go to the Sphynx show in the evening.

There are quite a few places in the world where you can feel that spirit of history and there's nothing quite like it.

Calabogie
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.