Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
Seems like you have a beef with the idea!

I went to a steak house last weekend, their specialty was dry age Wagyu Kobe steak raised and processed at the owners nearby ranch. With a starting price of $35/oz, I had the salmon and indulged fizzy froggy water instead.

I have to say that the progress in plant based meat alternatives has been quite impressive. The ground beef if nearly as good as the real in terms of texture, When put in things like chili and tacos it is virtually undetectable. Fake chicken, masked by nuggets and mock fish have been around a while. The only problem with fake ground beef is its price, it being slightly more expensive than the real thing. A finger on the scale to throw the balance and I have no doubt sales would surge and awareness would grow.

Farmers can also do their part. The simple one being to go free range. Eliminate the mud pens and spread the cattle out across green carbon offsetting pastures. Move to cattle breeds that can tolerate a more varied diet without as much flatulence. All nicely organic, sustainable but much more expensive.

I have e no doubt that greenhouse emissions from livestock can be cut substantially. I also think that Sunday rib roast is not going to go away, It will just cost more.. Maybe Kobe Wagyu prices

Aside: Wife once bought a regular burger and fries from a McD's drive through. She was half through the burger (while diving) before she realized that the burger had no patty in it. Tastes the same she said, but not as chewy.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.