Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Seems to me I heard that was so they could increase benefits for current payers?

That was the justification; however draining off 1% of the assets each year to pay for the management of the funds is likely having a bigger impact on current payers...

tecmo
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
FYI: CPP premiums just increased from 4.95% to 5.10%

Seems to me I heard that was so they could increase benefits for current payers?

I don't pay CPP, I just collect it. It is actually the smallest of my pensions ... largely because I worked overseas for ten years and didn't pay into it before I retired.

Tim
No. of Recommendations: 0
Yep, bloated management and political interference are the bane of sovereign funds everywhere. At some point there will be a well-intentioned government that will come in and direct the CPP to invest in dubious endeavours rather than pursue the highest return. Does anyone really want their money to be managed by a cousin of the Caisse de Depot et Placement?

SJ
No. of Recommendations: 3

That was the justification; however draining off 1% of the assets each year to pay for the management of the funds is likely having a bigger impact on current payers...

tecmo