Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 5
Selena said:
-- I think our old message was not so much that anyone charging was dishonest, but instead that we had issues with many groups that charged: We didn't/don't see compelling value in the full-service brokerage biz, in general (of course there are always some outstanding individual brokers). We took issue with the conflicts of interest among brokerages issuing ratings on companies they do business with.

I agree with this. I heard the "full service broker" arguments from the beginning. But I, along with so many others here, heard a general mistrust of most mutual funds, as well as the majority of paid financial advice out there. I am not alone in picking up on a general mistrust of financial advisors in general.

Again, it's possible I misunderstood your true intention, but I must add, I have above average comprehension skills. I suggest it was your general tone that caused any trouble, and it's biting you now that you are paddling in a boat with so many others.

Rick
Print the post  

Announcements

Community Town Hall
Banter, potshots, and all the stuff we said you can't post on ITF. Why not try it?
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.