No. of Recommendations: 3
https://www.azcentral.com/story/money/business/tech/2018/12/...

A Waymo self-driving van cruised through a Chandler neighborhood Aug. 1 when test driver Michael Palos saw something startling as he sat behind the wheel — a bearded man in shorts aiming a handgun at him as he passed the man's driveway.

The incident is one of at least 21 interactions documented by Chandler police during the past two years where people have harassed the autonomous vehicles and their human test drivers.

People have thrown rocks at Waymos. The tire on one was slashed while it was stopped in traffic. The vehicles have been yelled at, chased and one Jeep was responsible for forcing the vans off roads six times.

This stuff is happening fast and a lot of people are concerned that technology is going to run them out of a job,” Simon said.

So will self driving vehicles result in a US “yellow vest” uprising within USA?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Cars are yelled at, shot at and vandalized all the time around here. There might be a correlation with the car wearing a Toyota badge, but mostly the cars are targeted because they are there and someone wants to work off some anger.

Steve
No. of Recommendations: 1
The incident is one of at least 21 interactions documented by Chandler police during the past two years where people have harassed the autonomous vehicles and their human test drivers.

It should be very easy to harass a self-driving vehicle; just stand in front of it....

DB2
No. of Recommendations: 0
It should be very easy to harass a self-driving vehicle; just stand in front of it....

No matter where you are, the car will get your picture if you harass it.
No. of Recommendations: 0
<<It should be very easy to harass a self-driving vehicle; just stand in front of it....

No matter where you are, the car will get your picture if you harass it.>>

Ohdearme. I suppose it will call the cops, too? I can think of a dozen reasons to stand in front of a car in traffic, at least until the cops actually arrive.

Where did I leave my yellow jacket?

Seattle Pioneer