No. of Recommendations: 39
At some point, holding our economy/growth hostage so you can pat yourself on the back for keeping a campaign promise, will cause unnecessary damage.

Honestly, you can go under, over, and thru a wall. Let's move on.

Trump can't blame Fed now...as ironically he has dented US growth with mishandling of China/trade, inability to control his tweets, and with an unnecessarily long shutdown.

Orange clown.

Dreamer
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 5
Why is it Trump's fault when he is only asking for something that Pelosi et al were all for just a few year's ago, and asking for a small sum in the scheme of things, which is far less than the bridges to nowhere they fund all the time?

Are you saying we should not build the wall? If so, fine. Is it worth shutting down the government to deny Trump (personally) and the country at large a border wall?

Tinker
No. of Recommendations: 26
Is it worth shutting down the government to deny Trump (personally) and the country at large a border wall?

--

I think you have it backwards. Trump is the one not signing the paperwork because he isn't getting what he wants.

Trump also proudly stated on live tv that he would "own" the blame for the shutdown.

I guess he lied about that, too.

Dreamer
No. of Recommendations: 2
He is given a bill that they know he won’t sign. So what is the difference?

That did not answer my question but deflected.

Tinker
No. of Recommendations: 5
Honestly, you can go under, over, and thru a wall.

You can also use fake documents to get entry. So we should not need passports?
Is that what you are saying?

I think the whole idea is to make it more difficult than just walking across the street.

I think the dems are against the wall because it might actually send the message that you aren't just allowed to walk in without going through the proper procedure. And we mean it.
They also don't like it because it is basically permanent...when the dems are in power they can't just stop enforcing laws they don't like.

Mike
No. of Recommendations: 7
<< You can also use fake documents to get entry. So we should not need passports?
Is that what you are saying?
>>

Well, you can also counterfeit $100 bills. Should we go back to the barter system? Probably not.

What "they" are saying is don't throw billions of $$'s at a fix that won't really work.

Alan
No. of Recommendations: 25
That did not answer my question but deflected.

Tinker

---

I don't answer illegitimate questions.
Trump has full blame, at his request, for the shutdown.

Any questions with the false logic of "hey...how come Dems want shutdown?!?!" are the real deflections.

Don't let the lawyer in you try to resuscitate Trump's claim to doing this in the best interests of the US. It is for the benefit of his reelection. Which is a shame that he is willing to hurt the economy now, a full 2 years in advance of his potential 2nd term.

Wasn't the caravan of utmost importance too? Oh yeah...that was only important during the 2 weeks prior to last election cycle, and then we never heard about it again.

Caravan meet Wall. Wall meet Caravan. Oh look, they merged into the air just like vapor...

Dreamer
No. of Recommendations: 10
when the dems are in power they can't just stop enforcing laws they don't like.

--

like republicans not enforcing federal cannabis laws?

Just want to make sure your absolute statement didn't have any manhole cover-sized holes in it.

Dreamer
No. of Recommendations: 3
Oh you mean like billions for Obama phones, Obama cars, public schools in inner cities, Jon training programs that cost more than $100k per job placement and the list could go 1000s of ages long.

No, what they are saying is we will keep the government closed so Trump does not win.

Tinker
Tinker:

You are spot on! Dreamer needs to change his name to nightmare....he knows Trump’s policies are correct....they simply are.

Build the wall...it is proven to work...I provided the multiple proven instances worldwide.

Build the wall!
No. of Recommendations: 12
Why is it Trump's fault when he is only asking for something that Pelosi et al were all for just a few year's ago,

Because he is not asking for the same thing. Prior border security packages have been combinations of barriers where indicated, staffing, vehicles, electronic measures, etc. They are not WALL, WALL, WALL. Now, to be sure, the original sea to sea concrete wall has morphed a bit into steel slats, but what it hasn't done is morphed into an actual plan. It is just a request for a blind pool of money for wall building with no evaluation of where what kind of physical or electronic barrier would be effective. Why would anyone hand over money for no plan?
I think the whole idea is to make it more difficult than just walking across the street.

The places where it is "easiest" to cross in terms of limited guards and monitoring are deserts and mountains ... hardly easy to cross especially when Border Patrol destroys water dumps. These are dangerous and difficult places to cross, not walks across the street.
No. of Recommendations: 11
Trump has full blame, at his request, for the shutdown.

With some big help from McConnell since the House passed bills to reopen the government right away and it is McConnell who won't let the Senate vote on them, even though the terms are identical to the terms of what the Senate passed 100 to 0 before the change in the Congress.
No. of Recommendations: 3
2016 called, Tinker...said to tell you thanks for vonstantly living in the past.