Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
If you take a quick look over at the GE board you will see a post by Woozler that just about says it all. GE is the ultimate example of how high-tech equipment and communication (the Internet) can make money, big time. Business@the Speed of Thought, to use Bill Gates' phrase.

bezhan
Print the post Back To Top
As a GE shareholder, I certainly applaud your recommendation to buy GE. It also looks like time for the RM Portfolio to get out of GAP. However, by my calculations, GE and consolidated companies (GECS) only rates a 9 using the Rule Maker spreadsheet (and I was being generous by giving it 3,4, and 5).

A quick look at the results shows that GEs overall debt may hurt its position for sustained future growth.

The Fool guideline is a 12 or higher for Rule Maker status. Will TMF disregard their guidelines to add GE to the RM Port? Doubtfully...
When ranking GE you need to bear in mind that half of GE is the capital services unit - large amounts of leverage and "different" balance sheets are inherent characteristics of financing companies. On the full RM ranker, the manufacturing side of the business scores quite well - always over 40.

Bezhan