Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Sell Intel.

Intel has been an amazing investment for many of us. If you've been a good LTB&Her, you probably have a nice chunk of it in your portfolio.

The question that LTBHers need to remember to continue to ask themselves, however, is whether they would buy it now, if they had no position in it. Given the large number of other attractive investments available, the answer must be no.

I think the best that we can hope for from Intel in terms of earnings growth is in the high 20%. I am sorry, but that just does not cut the mustard: not when you can choose to invest in Brocade, Extreme, AMCC, Broadcom, i2 or Network Appliances.

So, sell your Intel. Shed a tear for an investment (a dear silverback gorilla who's time is passing) that has rewarded you handsomely over the years. Then move on. Please, don't love Intel. Save that love for your spouse and children, who will be better served when you sell that Intel and buy something better.

Disclosure: I've been reluctantly selling Intel all year and will probably sell my last slug of it quite soon.

Long BRCD, EXTR, AMCC, BRCM, ITWO and NTAP!

Hjelmerus
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.