Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
 
No. of Recommendations: 0
Any other suggestions on whether to sell CNS or not?

My observation is that this is what I have been waiting for...right? This is the last hurrah for a growth stock...right?
A $37.50 buy out and a current price of $36.72 means that no one in their right mind would pay more than $37.50 for a share of CNS...right?

Any input would be appreciated.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
This is the last hurrah for a growth stock...right?

I thought the same thing when the buy-out was announced for Transmontaigne Oil - especially when the current price was actually higher than the announced buy-out price. So I sold quickly at 8.90 and locked in my 18.5% (in 40 days!) profit.

Over the next 3 months, I watched from the sidelines as counter-offer followed counter-offer. The final offer was 11.35, and I gave up an additional 33% profit by being too hasty.

You won't lose much by waiting a few days, and you might be very glad you did.

-- Robert
(No position in CNS)
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Robert,

Thanks for the heads up. I hadn't considered a bidding war. I did read an earlier post about someone saying to wait at least until a conference call took place. I am considering putting in a stop loss order just to "lock in" some gains should something happen. My plan is to wait until closer to the time the actual transaction takes place to sell my shares.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Mike
Print the post Back To Top