Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I am a longtime holder of Starbucks and, of course, love the stock. While a lot of things look rosy with the company (negligible debt, decent cash, great management, smart expansion), the company has a p/e close to 50, but a growth rate under the best case scenario of about 30%. Thus, under basic traditional analysis, it seems to me the company has reached a point where it is overvalued or at least the price should be stagnant for a year or two. As much as it pains me, I am thinking of selling. Any advice out there? Am I missing something?

Thanks, LostPros.

P.S. This my first post ever! I recognize there is a SBUX board, but have found these boards very insightful. I just joined and plan on staying for the long-term as much for the boards as for the great newsletter.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.