Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
This is my first post. I'm single & selfemployed & have just been informed I will start getting some Stocks transfered into my name (to lose the Capitol gains). I have a Traditional IRAs, but no Roths yet.

I'm trying to find out what to do from here on out. The only statement I get get from the IRS's site that touchs on it is, "A SEP-IRA cannot be designed as a Roth IRA. Employer contributions to a SEP-IRA will not affect the amount that an individual can contribute to a Roth IRA". But does say I can rollover?

I'm thinking I can rollover some from the Traditional for the SEP-IRA, then start the Roth on top of that?from here on out.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.