Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I currently participate in a SAR SEP(Oppenheimer Funds) through my company. I would like to know if I have any altrnatives or options for changing this to a more Foolish style but still tax deferred investment and what the ramifications might be? I have been told that because I am in a SEP program I can not have an IRA (they are basically the same thing). Can I cease making contributions to the SEP, leaving it intact and start a Foolish IRA? Ideally I would like to take the whole thing (about 20K) and turn it into a Foolish Four investment. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.