Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
ok, i filed my federal taxes as appropriate. also filed state taxes. problem is that i didn't know what to do about the state. i changed jobs in october 2000 and my new job is in a different state than my residence. my employer took out taxes from my check the last two month from the new state, although i m not a resident there. i paid Ky taxes, but didn't know what to do about my ny taxes that were taken out. don't want to lose that refund, but i don't know how to fix it, please help.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.