No. of Recommendations: 17
The commissary at the Camp Pendleton Marine Corp Base was closed today.
The sign at the entrance claimed it was due to "cost reduction as part of Sequestration."

How about our soldiers in Afghanistan taking a day off for a little R&R?
How about the 0bama family cutting down on their vacations?

~aj
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 11
When you hear the utter garbage that george Bush took vacation etc

George Bush NEVER took vacation when chump change would have made a difference

Obama 100 percent could have given up a vacation and left the White House tours going (to say nothingof allowing one of the many sources that volunteered to sponsor them)

Obama 100 percent could have given up the same vacation and paid for fireworks for US marines that were cancelled

That same cancelled vacation could have kept open the PX for our soldiers

Obama

Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what You can give up for me!

Obama is quite unique and is a lousy person as well as a lousy President from all I can tell

Shame on Romney and other Republicans for lying about him being a good guy, he is clearly not, he is a self centered creep
No. of Recommendations: 2
How about the 0bama family cutting down on their vacations?

This is one of my pet peeves and the thing that makes me really angry.
We Americans are told to suck it up and that this is the "new normal"
and that we should all share equally in this miserable economy.
Yes, we Americans. Why not the president and his family?
Are they not also Americans? Shouldn't they show some respect for the
sacrifices of the hard working people in this country.
They could do that by staying home, like the rest of us who cannot afford to go on vacation.
Again, they have NO shame!
No. of Recommendations: 12
Obama is quite unique and is a lousy person as well as a lousy President from all I can tell

He is not a man of good character. I knew it before the 2008 election and discovering that was pretty scary.
Bush either went to Camp David or to his farm in Crawford, TX.
O played more golf in his first year of being president than Bush did in all his time in the White House.
Bush stopped playing golf altogether because he said we were at war and
it was the right thing to do - stop playing golf!
George Bush was a good man married to a good woman!
George Bush was a man of good character!
No. of Recommendations: 3
None of this is "due to sequestration". The government is spending more this year after sequestration than they spent last year.

Further more, federal employee pay has zero to do with it as their pay has been frozen for 2 years now. Even though their pay has not been part of the increased budget, they are the ones who pay the price through furlough.

This is liberal political posturing, nothing more. It was Obama's creation but he has been successful in doing his usual, blaming someone else.
Further more, federal employee pay has zero to do with it as their pay has been frozen for 2 years now. Even though their pay has not been part of the increased budget, they are the ones who pay the price through furlough.

Bingo!! No pay raise in 2 years, yet my health insurance goes up and no telling how much it will go up this year. And now I am on my first day of an 11 day furlough. DW is also being furloughed. I finally figured out how much we're going to be out, and it's a chunk of change! We will survive. i might not be able to pay off my credit card every month, but that's ok. We will only charge what we need to charge, if anything.

Moochell, I mean Marie, will continue to spit in our faces.

Crocket
Camp Pendleton is in my town (Oceanside) so I checked and, sure enough, the commissary is closed on Mondays. The folks that work there just had their pay cut by 20% and this is due to the Sequestration. It seems that the plan, at this time, is to open it up again in the fall but we will see. I really doubt that will happen.

http://oceanside-camppendleton.patch.com/groups/politics-and...

Robyn
The folks that work there just had their pay cut by 20% and this is due to the Sequestration.

No, it's not due to the sequestration. It's due to Obama throwing his Max Pain temper tantrum.
I've got a friend who works in the exchange system, upper middle level management.

The PX system, if that is what is meant by commissary, is totally self-supporting. It could be a Walmart for all it has to do with sequestration.

Pure BS, in other words.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Obama must give up his vacations
a) Because ending Sequestration is out of the question.
b) The House has no travel/meal/anything they can spare and ask to be redirected to Army bases/fireworks.

I thought the crux of Sequestration that made them so impossible to implement that a deal would have to be made was that the cuts are not discriminatory. So that Obama does not get to choose which parts can be cut 20% and what others can be cut 0%. They must all be cut 10% (or what ever the cut was).

If an act of Congress got the mean inspectors and FAA fully funded, shouldn't it be an act of Congress to get the commissary and fireworks funded?

What am I missing
No. of Recommendations: 0
Here are a couple of terms to keep things straight re the Navy and Marine Corps when referring to the exchange and commissary.

The "exchange" is much like a civilian dept store. Shoes, clothes, electronics, hand tools, etc. The Army and maybe Air Force refer to it as the PX.

The "commissary" is the grocery store.

A quick heads up. I work at the Naval War College in Newport, RI. Our commissary is always closed on Mondays. Does this closing apply system wide? Don't know, but it's been in place here for years.

As a family and while on active duty we rarely used the commissary and never paid attention to closings, but if one store does it, it's likely others do it as well.

Just something to keep in mind.

Carl

PS My first furlough day hits tomorrow.
" Our commissary is always closed on Mondays."

The Camp Pendleton Commissary has been open every day of the year, except Christmas (and one other day I forget) for the past 26 years that we shopped there. This is something totally new.

~aj
Post/Base exchanges (PX/BX) are NAF or Nonappropriated funds so are therefore self sustaining. Commissaries are supported by appropriated funds.
No. of Recommendations: 14
Pretty much everything 0bama does is designed to hurt his enemies.

One of his enemies is average working Americans. Another is the military.
If an act of Congress got the mean inspectors and FAA fully funded, shouldn't it be an act of Congress to get the commissary and fireworks funded?

If Congress allows for the commissary and fireworks to be funded, but not Civil Service paychecks, I will riot. Civilian Pay trumps the commissary and fireworks IMO.
If Congress allows for the commissary and fireworks to be funded, but not Civil Service paychecks, I will riot. Civilian Pay trumps the commissary and fireworks IMO.

I completely disagree.

Civilian pay should be the first to go.

People in the military service come before them IMO, they are signed up and can not walk away.

Any hit should be to the folks with jobs who are allowed to walk away first.

Riot away, or better yet, do what you are supposed to do when you do not like your job, walk away.

NOTE: I am not maligning your job in any way, shape or form, and mean no disrespect at all, but the folks who can not walk away need to be the last to lose anything IMO.

I do however believe that every benefit going to a politician needs to go first, and that needs to be codified. That includes support for vacation etc. If you feel you deserve vacations or your family deserves them, do not take the damn job. The President needs a vacation, he has Camp David and the poor baby just has to deal with a luxury vacation most Americans could not dream of.
"If Congress allows for the commissary and fireworks to be funded, but not Civil Service paychecks, I will riot. Civilian Pay trumps the commissary and fireworks IMO."

Maybe so. But All of The Above trump Obama family vacations.

Said the recipient of civil Service paycheck.

The tea-bag motto:
"No government spending, except those that benefit me."
I completely disagree.

Civilian pay should be the first to go.

People in the military service come before them IMO, they are signed up and can not walk away.

Any hit should be to the folks with jobs who are allowed to walk away first.

Riot away, or better yet, do what you are supposed to do when you do not like your job, walk away.

NOTE: I am not maligning your job in any way, shape or form, and mean no disrespect at all, but the folks who can not walk away need to be the last to lose anything IMO

I understand what you're saying and agree. That's why I was against the DOD stopping TA benefits.

Fireworks on the other hand? Pfft! I'm married to an enlisted man. 4th of July fireworks and Air Shows means my husband will be pulling parking duty, picking up trash or working in a booth to raise money for the unit; not spending time with his family or enjoying the event.
Said the recipient of civil Service paycheck.

The tea-bag motto:

I'm not a Tea Party person.
The tea-bag motto:

Another made-up mischaracterization by a liberal, projecting progressive philosophy on to others. Thinking he/she is cute by using the disgusting reference to a perverted sex act in the same manner as Obama did when bashing the Tea Party. Why is that allowed on TMF...oh yes it's a liberal activity so it's OK.

How about honesty in stating their motto: "No government spending, except those that are authorized by the constitution."

Why did you feel the need to even state that?

Why did you feel the need to even state that?

I don’t want someone to use my statements as proof of Tea Party hypocrisy. There is enough proof out there, made by true Tea Party People. No need to give anyone false evidence.
There is enough proof out there, made by true Tea Party People.

I must live in the shadows because I've seen very little of this. A lot of allegations but nearly all easily refuted. So in your statement that there is no need to give any false evidence, I say that is primarily all there is. I'm glad you choose not to add to the mountain of BS...other than your allegation that there is enough proof of hypocrisy out there made by true Tea Party People that is.
No. of Recommendations: 10
"I don’t want someone to use my statements as proof of Tea Party hypocrisy. There is enough proof out there, made by true Tea Party People. No need to give anyone false evidence."

As Nick Charles (The Thin Man movies) always said, "Let someone talk long enough and they will give themselves away."

Ploink!
No. of Recommendations: 5
I don’t want someone to use my statements as proof of Tea Party hypocrisy. There is enough proof out there, made by true Tea Party People. No need to give anyone false evidence.

More nonsense. If you let a person talk long enough, they eventually give themselves away.

Adios.

*PLOINK*
As Nick Charles (The Thin Man movies) always said, "Let someone talk long enough and they will give themselves away."

I knew that I read that quote somewhere on this board.
No. of Recommendations: 3

Don't worry. No one on this forum will confuse you with somebody who cares about the country.
Don't worry. No one on this forum will confuse you with somebody who cares about the country.

So let me get this straight. Because I disagree with the Tea Party Movement, I don't care about this country? You say this knowing I'm a military spouse and work Civil Service? LOL I'm also an Air Force vet, but I guess none of that means anything. I don't follow the tea party line so that's all that matters.

Having said that, I didn't come here to talk about the Tea Party. I enjoy talking about the sequestration, that's it. I apologize to the OP for derailing this thread.
Hey, hey!!! Copyright infringement! ;)
OK, I forgive you. We'll chalk it up to great minds thinking alike.
When you lead posts with taking shots at conservatives, your background becomes irrelevant. You'll find that folks on this forum will engage you in a great discussion if you are respectful and if you want one.

If you breeze over here and litter the place, then you shouldn't be surprised when myself or someone else will take a run at you.

So let me get this straight. Because I disagree with the Tea Party Movement, I don't care about this country?

You didn't say you disagree with the Tea Party. You said the Tea Party is a bunch of hypocrites. However you failed to provide any examples.

(Hint: previous attempts to provide examples have mostly been "I can't believe they really mean what they say, so they must be hypocrites.")
No. of Recommendations: 4
So let me get this straight. Because I disagree with the Tea Party Movement, I don't care about this country?

You didn't say that. You said there is plenty of evidence that True Tea Partiers are hypocrites. So since you made the allegation and since there is SO MUCH evidence of such, perhaps you could share 30 or so examples. Only two rules, a) you have to identify the hypocritical person and substantiate that the individual in question is a "True TEA Partiers" (whatever that means) and b) you have to identify what hypocrisy was displayed by this individual while providing evidence of it's validity.

Merely re-stating an allegation of a liberal or race baiter ain't going to cut it. So what do you say, since you "doctored" your original TEA Party statement do you care to restore your credibility?

I'm sure we can get back discussing sequestration immediately following.

Note: I don't have any knowledge as to whether or not you care about your country. I trust that you do.