No. of Recommendations: 122
I haven't been even the slightest bit interested in METAR or any of my investments since late October when I hit the floor with what turned out to be the first of some extremely serious heart stuff over the last month & a half.

The stuff the doctors have done to me over the last few weeks is too complicated to explain - or to understand without some sort of medical dictionary. However, I do know it is supposedly a "miracle" that I am alive and thinking rationally.

Right now, I'm trying to get rehabilitated to the point at which I can move around without a walker or a wheelchair. For a person who has always been strong, independent, coordinated and somewhat athletic, it is very traumatic to feel weak and almost helpless.

Of course, sometimes traumatic experiences can remind us what is important. DW and I have decided to re-assess our short and long-term goals, including our standard of living expectations and future work/retirement plans.

After some pretty scary personal stuff, I'm glad to again be interested in investments. Dealing with life & death situations are not much fun. Not much fun at all.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.