Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
seriously bonds??? I bonds??? wrong!!!
bonds are the worst of the worst.......you will get hammered later....the cycle is moving on.....

Since I bonds are not transferable and can be sold back to the Treasury at face value after holding a minimum of 1 year (with a penalty of 3 months interest if you sell prior to holding for 5 years), I bonds will not 'get hammered later' because of the cycle.

There may be other reasons to not buy I bonds, but the fear of 'getting hammered' is not one of them.

leave the money in a credit union....preferably PenFed or any other govt military credit union they have the best returns......not much though.....

Current I bond rates are significantly better than savings account rates at the military CUs, and comparable to CD rates, making them a reasonable option to consider, compared to leaving money in a CU.

AJ
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.