Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 4
Seriously? I get a corrected W2 from 1995? Now?

Ok, this was from my last year of residency training, so the amount of money involved is small and probably less than the cost of trying to file a corrected return. And that doesn't even take into account the hassle of trying to find my stuff from 1995 in a box in a storage shed.

What would you guys do?

Ignore it for income tax purposes. Check your Social Security earnings history statement to ensure all of your creditable earnings have been reported.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.