Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
{Seriously, is English your mother tongue?}

~~~

Yes, and she TAUGHT English. Actually, this is a class I learned to hate, in the day... but now actually see that others failed where I learned. OMG when it comes to anything electronically communicated these days... and you think I have typing/English issues? lol (I have a mirror to loan...)

a man who has been to Valdosta several times

Did you know the Courtoy family?

~~~

Well, like I said... have not been back in ~39 years and have no intention, want or need. I was only there for 4 years, 2 different HS's. Lowndes and Lanier County HS's. Lowndes County HS was 5k kids, 9-12th grades, in the late 70's. No idea these days.

Can't say I do... again, a loooong time ago. Also, Valdosta had a city HS and a county HS. Big rivalry! "County Sheriff along for protection" kinda rivalry. HS football was big when I was there. Which did they attend?

~
I will also ask: where are you located and where did you grow up? (city/state please) If one and the same, or even semi local, I would consider that a rather narrow field of view when it comes to slang from differing areas around our country/world... and how they're spelled.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.