Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
I just received an "urgent" telephone call on my answering machine.

The woman, who did not wait to see if a human or an answering machine picked up the call, or she is deaf or something, told me that all Microsoft services had been terminated on my computer and I had to call a number to restore service.

Since I seldom run Microsoft services, I am not unduly concerned. I assume she would explain how to pay them to restore my services. She does not even seem to know that Microsoft do not make computers, and their few pathetic attempts to make computer hardware were laughable.

Life must really be hard out there if this is the best job she could get.
Her caller-id came through as SPAM? 800 Servi but her number is 855-500-0398
I looked that up on the Internet and it is used for this rip-off, but also for a whole lot of other scams, sexual services, and other things.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.