Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Several years ago we had to buy such a van. We are in Calif. and at that time Medi-Cal paid for the ramps and conversion. We had to buy the van and it wasn't deductible. In a group discussion some people who did not have Medi-Cal and used a Dr.'s prescription for the conversions were able to use it as a Medical deduction for the amount not paid by private insurance. As to the actual purchase price of the van I don't know. You might try Rancho Los Amigos in Downey, Calif. One of their caseworkers could probably help you or Lantermann Regional Center on Wilsire Bl. in Los Angeles. They deal with alot of this type of equipment. When you get the CURRENT answer please post it.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.