Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I originally decided not to buy SFIX when it was recommended. It sounds like a great company but I was concerned about my lack of understanding of a particular metric. Maybe someone on this board knows the answer to this. What is the average length of a customers life for this company? For example, how long does a customer continue buying from the company after her/his first purchase?

My concern is that if the number of purchases is very few or the relationship is very short, once all of the customers that are inclined to buy in this way make their purchases, the volume could decline.

I saw this phenomenon take place with a weight loss company that grew very rapidly but only kept their customers for 90 days. The company grew from 10 mil to 500 mil in sales over a 2 year period and then shrank. It was a good company but the stock price went very high and then crashed. Once the target customers tried the products based on the initial hype and it ran through the population the sales volume settled at a lower level. I’m not here to say bad things about the company because I think it’s a great idea. Just expressing a concern that I thought could be addressed here.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.