Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 42
Dianne Feinstein: "All vets are mentally ill and government should prevent them from owning firearms"

Kurt Nimmo: "Senator Feinstein insults all U.S. Veterans as she flays about in a vain attempt to save her bill."

Quote from the Los Angeles Times:

"Frankly, I don't know what it is about California, but we seem to have a strange urge to elect
really obnoxious women to high office. I'm not bragging, you understand, but no other
state, including Maine, even comes close. When it comes to sending left-wing dingbats to
Washington, we're Number One. There's no getting around the fact that the last time anyone
saw the likes of Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein, Maxine Waters, and Nancy Pelosi, they were
stirring a cauldron when the curtain went up on 'Macbeth'. The four of them are like jackasses
who happen to possess the gift of blab. You don't know if you should condemn them for their
stupidity or simply marvel at their ability to form words."

-- Columnist Burt Prelutsky, Los Angeles Times
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 2
Marvel at their ability to form words. Love it.
No. of Recommendations: 18
Did Feinstein really say this? Let's be accurate.

http://www.c-span.org/Events/Senate-Judiciary-to-Work-on-Ass...

The video counter doesn't seem to work. Here's transcript of her comments:

…this adds an exemption for retired military. As I understand our bill, no issue has arisen in this regard during the 10 years the expired ban was effect… and what we did in the other bill was exempt possession by the United States or a department or agency of the United States… that included active military. The problem with expanding this is that you know with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War, it’s not clear how the seller or transferrer of a firearm covered by this bill would verify that an individual was a member, or a veteran, and that there was no impairment of that individual with respect to having a weapon like this. So you know I would be happy to sit down with you again and see if we could work something out but I think we have to — if you’re going to do this, find a way that veterans who are incapacitated for one reason or another mentally don’t have access to this kind of weapon.
No. of Recommendations: 34
She didn't say it, and you didn't bother to check it out. Where do you think we live? The former Soviet Union?
No. of Recommendations: 26
You might want to check Snopes on this (false quote) . . .
http://www.snopes.com/politics/guns/feinstein.asp
No. of Recommendations: 21
"You might want to check Snopes on this (false quote) . . ."

Snopes may do a creditable job separating truth from urban legend in
mundane things, but once in the political arena, they tend to apply a
dose of their personal beliefs to everything.

~aj
No. of Recommendations: 5
but once in the political arena, they tend to apply a

The belief that they hold so true that 'warps' their perspective is that Truth is more important than balance.

They do not let the need to balance points from the right and the left interfere with the need to tell the truth.
No. of Recommendations: 3
The practical reality is that the dingbat Dem Senator from CA--who appears destined to hold that post until the day she dies--did NOT say, "All veterans suffer from PTSD and should be prevented from owning a gun."

You can watch the video for yourself; she did not speak the words quoted in the starting post on this thread.
No. of Recommendations: 76

They cited linked sources.

You posted an uncited (bogus) quote and an unlinked reference to a 4-year-old opinion piece from an ex-humor writer for the LA Times.

I'll go with snopes.

Speck
No. of Recommendations: 11
Just another flat out lie from the home of the flat out liars. It says a lot about RECF that they get together to rate up a post without bothering to even see if its accurate.
Just another flat out lie from the home of the flat out liars. It says a lot about RECF that they get together to rate up a post without bothering to even see if its accurate.

Just curious, are you just here to be obnoxious or are there really truly people stupid enough to believe that mistakes are not made on your home planet?

Inquiring minds want to know
No. of Recommendations: 1
More TMF arrogance, I'll go with the content by 4-year-old opinion piece which is even more relevant today.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Aj,

Perhaps you would wish to check this out here?????

No. of Recommendations: 9
Aj,

Oh come now

While the quote was inaugurate, what Feinstein essentially said, as borne out by the link is

SO many vets are crazy we can't let them all have guns, too many of em are nuts

Y'all can spin it until the cows come home, Feinstein was rather disgusting here. I agree it is a shame she was misquoted, her real words were so nasty it is a shame to give her any cover.
The problem with expanding this is that you know with the advent of PTSD, which I think is a new phenomenon as a product of the Iraq War,...

Ms. Feinstein, your village called looking for its idiot.

JLC
No. of Recommendations: 24
While the quote was inaugurate, what Feinstein essentially said, as borne out by the link is

That's clearly *not* what she said or even suggested. There was an exemption carved out for ex-military, which would allow even those veterans suffering mental illness to acquire and possess "assault weapons". She suggested that mentally ill vets be regarded the same as others with mental illness.

That veterans of Iraq and Afghanistan suffer a much higher rate of PTSD (~30%) than the general public is well-documented. Even then, the proposed law didn't prohibit them from owning other types of firearms.

Speck

Ref:
http://www.publichealth.va.gov/docs/epidemiology/ptsd-report...
That quote was so offensive I don’t think it even matters that she never said it.
Aj,

Oh come now

Y'all can spin it until the cows come home, Feinstein was rather disgusting here. I agree it is a shame she was misquoted, her real words were so nasty it is a shame to give her any cover.
-------------------------------------
I thought they were fine with fake but accurate? I know they were a few years back <g>.
tgrshark13 wrote: It says a lot about RECF that they get together to rate up a post without bothering to even see if its accurate.

I agree with you in part, but recc'g without check'g happens ROUTINELY on the absolutely insane board known as Political Asylum, which is why I no longer visit.
That's clearly *not* what she said or even suggested. There was an exemption carved out for ex-military, which would allow even those veterans suffering mental illness to acquire and possess "assault weapons". She suggested that mentally ill vets be regarded the same as others with mental illness.

Bull, this is exactly what Feinstein said, and the rebuttal at the Snopes link to you are Feinstein is just fine.
tgrshark13 wrote: It says a lot about RECF that they get together to rate up a post without bothering to even see if its accurate.

I agree with you in part, but recc'g without check'g happens ROUTINELY on the absolutely insane board known as Political Asylum, which is why I no longer visit.
-------------------------------------------------
Sorry, i ain't taking any advice from useful idiots that defended every lie that Obama spouted about Obamacare, and that includes the "fact-checking" sites, that literally took Obama's word as a fact-check. Keep your doctor, nope, cost-curve down, nope, death panels, you betcha. They've got zero credibility and the faux outrage gets old.
No. of Recommendations: 37
"That quote was so offensive I don’t think it even matters that she never said it."

Bingo.

Making up lies about people and then hating them because of those lies is the weirdest thing I have ever seen.
No. of Recommendations: 7

Indeed. I've noticed Snopes seems to believe in facts.
-----------------------------------------------
Not really. I've seen some shoddy grades on those fact-check sites. I realize you made that comment for recs, but it's not true that those "fact-check" sites are completely "fact-based", not by a long shot. They even took Obama's word on something to grade something a lie.

but some days ,facts have something of a liberal bias ?

No. That is not what she said. That is what you said.

Why do you think so badly about veterans, and also are so cold-hearted towards them? Because that, essentially, is what you have said.
Why do you think so badly about veterans, and also are so cold-hearted towards them? Because that, essentially, is what you have said.
----------------------------------------------------------
Oh my Alinskyness. Accuse the enemy of the very thing you are doing. It's common knowledge the left hates the military, so save it sister.
Oh my Alinskyness. Accuse the enemy of the very thing you are doing. It's common knowledge the left hates the military, so save it sister.

This is so true! Even though my DH has never stated it before, verbally, he's well aware of the contempt the left has for the military dedicated to protecting its country with their lives. Although, their dedication is to a country that once was a source of pride. Even so, they're still dedicated to their missions. It's the ones who come home with physical and mental scars that he volunteers to help. I think as a couple, he and I might be toast since I support what he does. I'm truly afraid.

The polticial evils we face today are so near to us that they're somewhat tactile and overtly menacing.

Pardon the rant, but it had to be said.

Way to strengthen your non-existent point with name-calling.

While missing my point entirely, or, as likely, knowing it was a good point, so feeling the need to deny it, otherwise how demonic can we be?

Yeah, the left hates the military. Just like the right hates the police and will not lift a finger to protect them, they being the instrument of your childish fear of government tyranny. You Randyites are quite something. Ayn must be turning over in her grave at embarassment by the people who love her. Hee hee hee.
Yeah, the left hates the military.

Reminds me of people who hate lawyers, but when they get in trouble, what's one of the first things they think of? "Where's a phone--I gotta call a lawyer."

The left--every damb one of 'em--are scum-sucking leeches.
No. of Recommendations: 11
Making up lies about people and then hating them because of those lies is the weirdest thing I have ever seen.

To quote Hillary Clinton - What difference at this point does it make?

JLC
No. of Recommendations: 13
Sorry, i ain't taking any advice from useful idiots that defended every lie that Obama spouted about Obamacare, and that includes the "fact-checking" sites, that literally took Obama's word as a fact-check. Keep your doctor, nope, cost-curve down, nope, death panels, you betcha. They've got zero credibility and the faux outrage gets old.

Don't forget taking three words from the middle of a moderately complex and context-sensitive sentence, and taking them as definitive of the speaker's opinion in a completely different contest.

Which deliberate distortion, by the way, Snopes appears to have nothing on. (I searched for both "Cheney deficits" and "deficits don't matter".) A plausible interpretation of something stupid a leftist said must be labeled "false", but a deliberate distortion of a perfectly sensible and accurate statement by one of the left's self-chosen enemies is so obviously acceptable that it doesn't even get examined.
No. of Recommendations: 4
This thread apprears to be one desperate attempt after another to portray liberals in general as hateful and dishonest in order to justify hating them.

Weird.
This thread apprears to be one desperate attempt after another to portray liberals in general as hateful and dishonest in order to justify hating them.

Pot... meet kettle...who is presiding over at PA.

Pot... meet kettle...who is presiding over at PA.
-----------------------------------------------
The people dancing on Thatchers grave want to stop the hate, LOL.

Desperate? Heck it is not even remotely challenging. Every once in while it is good to pick the low hanging fruit, and well, it is pretty pathetic even for a liberal in the face of the Thatcher reaction to deny being hateful and dishonest in general.

Also, you will not see much hate, lots of disgust though.

He 28s, you seem to appreciate drivel. Is this a Felix doppel? Seems to be a Clark Kent thing going on with this and used to be life.
lowstudent: "... it is pretty pathetic even for a liberal in the face of the Thatcher reaction to deny being hateful and dishonest in general.

So...

If an internet thread devoted to criticizing Margaret Thatcher is sufficient to prove that liberals in general are hateful and dishonest, is this thread sufficient to prove that conservatives are hateful and dishonest in general?

Weird.
Nobody hates like a liberal.

This is what you get from delusional people who have no awareness of self. They think their $hit don't stink.

Nobody hates like a liberal. Everyone knows that except liberals.
BenHurJudah: "Nobody hates like a liberal."

project much?

ravvt: "my mother always told me: "Never speak of the dead unless you say something good"
... George Tiller is dead ... good."

Posted by djpeteski on the FIRE board:
"I really hate liberals."

GrumpyOldGuy:
"I, of course, just hate Hillary."

techie:
"I hate Hillary because she's Hillary. Isn't it hatred when someone makes your skin crawl?"

cynic:
"That's right. I want you dead
"This thread apprears to be one desperate attempt after another to portray liberals in general as hateful and dishonest in order to justify hating them. Weird." - jgc

The deeper hidden reason for this thread is for them to experience lots of duality and separation.

They just don't know it but they are being controlled by something outside of themselves.

Art
The deeper hidden reason for this thread is for them to experience lots of duality and separation.

They just don't know it but they are being controlled by something outside of themselve

friggin Bush - lol
jgc shares:
BenHurJudah: "Nobody hates like a liberal." project much?
ravvt: "my mother always told me: "Never speak of the dead unless you say something good"... George Tiller is dead ... good."
Posted by djpeteski on the FIRE board: "I really hate liberals."
GrumpyOldGuy:"I, of course, just hate Hillary."
techie: "I hate Hillary because she's Hillary. Isn't it hatred when someone makes your skin crawl?"
cynic:"That's right. I want you dead

---------------------------------------

It's all just so much more duality and separation under the bridge. In the end none of it will matter except that their soul was able to experience a bit more separation.

We simply learn the things here that can't be learned there. We here in this life just can't begin to understand or comprehend the feelings of oneness, connectedness, and love on the other side. It's the whole purpose of life.

Mike I Jr. NDE
"I had a knowledge or oneness with everything it seemed...everything connected...a oneness I had never known."
http://www.nderf.org/NDERF/NDE_Experiences/mike_i_jr_nde.htm...

Art

Art
ravvt: "my mother always told me: "Never speak of the dead unless you say something good"

I said the same thing about Chavez. But he was a scumbag dictator so I think there's an exemption for that? If not, I couldn't care less.
"friggin Bush - lol" lowstudent

What is strange is that you seem to espouse so many of the ideas from the New Testament except the love part. It's like you can't quite grasp it. You can't let go of this world.

Art
What is strange is that you seem to espouse so many of the ideas from the New Testament except the love part. It's like you can't quite grasp it. You can't let go of this world.
________________________________________-

What makes you think I do not love Art?

You simply do not understand most of my parables.

Jesus never suggested giving up on this world. He also did things like lose it at the temple and when faced with the devil, did not succumb to him, but rather showed him up and told him his ideas were kind of stupid and would not serve the father.

You, my friend, miss the point, for you come away without faith in God, nor with a willingness to have faith that if you truly believe and try to forward the word of Jesus, you are on the right side.

Jesus did not say the Romans are good guys. He said many other things. Jesus also never said do not be productive, he wished his messengers to rely on the productive who shared their abundance of thier own free will.

I could go on and on, but you hear what you wish, but you chose not the hear Jesus.

Jesus used words to battle his enemies Art. He chose his words more carefully of course, but I have no belief I am the Son of Man.

Jesus believed in every part of his being, that if you did not do as he wanted and lived a life that accepted him as God, you were damned for eternity and tried to convert folks. Me? Far smaller man, I believe if you do not believe as I do that you will surrender your freedoms and live a damned life for no reason.

I do not hate anyone Art, not even a little. But I do hate those practices which deny others freedom to live their lives, and I speak against them strongly and just as Jesus would willingly discredit the religious hierarchy of his time, I do nothing but the same.

There is none so blind as he who will not see.

It's a hallmark of lefties that they don't recognize their own hypocrisy. Geez! Their brains are twisted.

Posted by djpeteski on the FIRE board:
"I really hate liberals."

GrumpyOldGuy:
"I, of course, just hate Hillary."

techie:
"I hate Hillary because she's Hillary. Isn't it hatred when someone makes your skin crawl?"

cynic:
"That's right. I want you dead

This is nuthin' compared to what goes on at the PA board. That place is cancerous.
No. of Recommendations: 17

You may judge people based upon "appearances," I do not. I am very careful to judge people based upon THEIR actions. Not what other's say about them. I go out of my way to give people a chance, even when I don't need to.

However, I DO judge people based upon their behavior. If you lie, hurt people I like, hurt me, hurt my country, try to take away my rights, try to take away the rights of others; then I'm going to react strongly and negatively to you.

What is even worse are the liberals who do all of the above and then explain to me that they are only taking away my rights for my own protection (for example, because I do not understand how dangerous guns really are).

If you act like this, then I will have issues with you.

In Indiana the gun grabbers started running an ad which starts with dialog like:

"like you, I'm a responsible gun owner (guy wearing flannel, holding a shotgun, and sitting on the tailgate of his pickup truck). I am for increased background checks for all firearms. blah blah blah."

My problem with this ad, is clearly the guy is not like me, clearly the guy is not responsible and clearly he knows squat about guns. In fact, no one who participated in that little charade knows thing 1 about handling a gun.

How do I know this? The actor has his index finger on the trigger of the shotgun during the entire ad! One of the very first principals of handling a gun is DO NOT PUT YOUR FINGER IN THE TRIGGER GUARD UNLESS YOU ARE READY TO SHOOT.

Not a single person involved in the creation of that ad knew that particular fact. They were all liberal gun grabbers who thought they could fool the simpleton gun owners. HA. Everyone I talked to about this particular faux pas also noticed the idiocy of the left.

Liberals don't want to control you, they just want everyone to behave like them and are willing to control you to make it happen.
"He also did things like lose it at the temple" - lowstudent

It's funny that ya'll keep bringing this up. Jesus threw the Capitalists out of the temple. They were taking advantage of the poor to make a buck. Jesus called those capitalists a "den of thieves!"

Paul was persecuted by the Capitalists in Ephesus who made idols out of silver because they were worried that Paul's preaching was going to cause people to quit buying their idols.

Acts 19: "24 For a man named Deme'trius, a silversmith, who made silver shrines of Ar'temis, brought no little business to the craftsmen. 25 These he gathered together, with the workmen of like occupation, and said, "Men, you know that from this business we have our wealth. 26 And you see and hear that not only at Ephesus but almost throughout all Asia this Paul has persuaded and turned away a considerable company of people, saying that gods made with hands are not gods."

First Century Christianity at it's very core was socialist.

Art
One of the very first principals of handling a gun is DO NOT PUT YOUR FINGER IN THE TRIGGER GUARD UNLESS YOU ARE READY TO SHOOT.

That's gun safety 101. More like 01... they won't even let you into a class if you can't follow that rule!
Reminds me of people who hate lawyers, but when they get in trouble, what's one of the first things they think of? "Where's a phone--I gotta call a lawyer."

Who is it, again, that hates lawyers? Oh yes, conservatives!

I think that may be because lawyers can recognize irony, and it seems that you may be a bit irony challenged.
It's funny that ya'll keep bringing this up. Jesus threw the Capitalists out of the temple. They were taking advantage of the poor to make a buck. Jesus called those capitalists a "den of thieves!"

Not all that funny at all, he was really protesting the Pharises allowing this to go on at the Temple

Funny how some see it as an attack on Capitalism

Paul was persecuted by the Capitalists in Ephesus who made idols out of silver because they were worried that Paul's preaching was going to cause people to quit buying their idols.

WHo perseuted Paul? Capitalists or cronies who used the government to subvert all that capitalists of today believe is true?

You are not very good at getting jesus's message it appears to me

We already shot this down once, but twice is fine with me, what does the above say? That the worship of idols is not the path to heaven, not that trading wiht others or their effort is somehow wrong, which is what capitalists believe

Again I say, you are not very good interpreting the message of Jesus. But that is fairly obvious, for anyone taking is as the Word could not believe that everyone goes to a similar fate.

Whether I am a believer or not, your interpretation is totally whacked, my friend.
One of the very first principals of handling a gun is DO NOT PUT YOUR FINGER IN THE TRIGGER GUARD UNLESS YOU ARE READY TO SHOOT.

That's gun safety 101. More like 01... they won't even let you into a class if you can't follow that rule!

So many gun owners that I know laugh about this blatantly obvious mistake that I am beginning to think the target audience wasn't gun owners.

The target audience was liberals completely ignorant of guns. They see an ad with a "responsible gun owner" advocating increased gun controls and the believe that "responsible gun owners" advocate increased gun controls.

I suppose it is easy being a liberal, don't bother to learn anything about the topic at hand, just believe what you are told to believe and let your betters do your thinking for you.

FYI, Colovion, the first thing I was taught was to "never point your weapon at anything you did not intend to shoot." The "don't put your finger on the trigger until you are ready to shoot" was #2 ;)

On a side note, I think all liberals should be forced to field strip, reassemble, and shoot a couple of different types of firearms before getting to vote. I'm not sure it would change their minds at all, but so many of them are so scared of firearms that they refuse to even learn anything about them.

Jim
Who is it, again, that hates lawyers? Oh yes, conservatives!

I think that may be because lawyers can recognize irony, and it seems that you may be a bit irony challenged.

The people who find the most irony have no idea what irony is

Creating a system where one has to use lawyers to defend themself and then having them not like lawyers, yet use them anyway is not irony, and frankly only an idiot would think it was.

Now that we have that out of the way.

Conservatives do not hate lawyers, they hate that the system has grown to the point that the intervention of lawyers is out of control and detracting from life in general on multiple levels.

I think you know that, but lie about it anyway, but perhaps you are not even that smart. Hard to tell
Jim2B: "I am very careful to judge people based upon THEIR actions"

"Liberals don't want to control you, they just want everyone to behave like them and are willing to control you to make it happen."

Explain the jump from your first claim to the stereotype expressed in your second claim. Take as long as you like to think about it.
First century Christianity at it's very core was socialist.

No, it wasn't. Jesus never said government should take care of your brother. He said you, Art, should take care of your brother.

Big difference.

But you've said many times how stingy you are, so I guess Jesus' words don't apply to you. Better let the government give to your brother in your stead. Many libruls feel that way. That's what Socialism is.
Conservatives do not hate lawyers, they hate that the system has grown to the point that the intervention of lawyers is out of control and detracting from life in general on multiple levels.

Exactomundo. I've known dozens and dozens of fine lawyers. Even they hate the system as you've described it, even as they thrive in it.
Explain the jump from your first claim to the stereotype expressed in your second claim. Take as long as you like to think about it.

Admit it. It's your wet dream to get everyone to do things the leftist way.

Exactomundo. I've known dozens and dozens of fine lawyers. Even they hate the system as you've described it, even as they thrive in it.
-----------------------------------------------------------
They hate the system, but vote for democrats to make sure it doesn't end. Look at tort reform not in Obamacare. I'd like to know what percentage vote for democrats, i'll bet it's about the same percentage as blacks that vote for democrats.
They hate the system, but vote for democrats to make sure it doesn't end. Look at tort reform not in Obamacare. I'd like to know what percentage vote for democrats, i'll bet it's about the same percentage as blacks that vote for democrats.

I belong to a group that has quite a few lawyers, I am in it because my wife is part of the courts.

This is in NYC, and there are enough lawyers who do not like the Democrats and do not vote that way.

This is however, NY, and they do all carry the Dem Registration cards.

I think lawyers are a lot like teachers there is a good percentage that goes against the orthodoxy of the groups that purport to speak for them all. Not a majority I expect, but not an insignificant minority.
I belong to a group that has quite a few lawyers, I am in it because my wife is part of the courts.

This is in NYC, and there are enough lawyers who do not like the Democrats and do not vote that way.

This is however, NY, and they do all carry the Dem Registration cards.

I think lawyers are a lot like teachers there is a good percentage that goes against the orthodoxy of the groups that purport to speak for them all. Not a majority I expect, but not an insignificant minority.
----------------------------------------------------
Fair enough. Where would you put the percentage if you were a betting man?
Do most lawyers vote for Democrats? Gosh, I don't think so. The lawyers I know are pretty conservative. I wonder if anyone has ever studied/polled this group of voters.
Do most lawyers vote for Democrats? Gosh, I don't think so. The lawyers I know are pretty conservative. I wonder if anyone has ever studied/polled this group of voters.

Plaintiff attorneys might be the single largest block of money givers to Dems candidates around the country. Huge. This is why no Dem will ever vote for any type of tort reform.

From the guys I speak to, I would guess you are talking above 30 percent. But NY is my big sample size

Remember, a lot of the Catholic Universities churn out law degrees, which might skew the conservative marginally higher.

ONe of my good friends, an older lawyer, told me I would be surprised at how many lawyers were in fact conservative leaning. Of course he was practicing estate so.... I also know the majority of the lawyers I worked with in my Corporate Days were conservatives, it was one of the few departments where I could shoot the breeze and talk politics openly.

Now teachers is actually funny, I do not know your experience, and given your wife, I expect you know more of them than I do, but I spend time with a few retired ones, all the women -- staunch liberals all the males - conservative
------------------

Just don't do in in NoVA. <g> Of course, most of them are working for the government either directly or laterally.

arrete - neighbor is a lawyer - very pro-Obama

From the guys I speak to, I would guess you are talking above 30 percent. But NY is my big sample size

-----------------------------
30% conservative or liberal?
Plaintiff attorneys might be the single largest block of money givers to Dems candidates around the country.

Yabbut, the legal profession is not comprised solely or even predominantly of plaintiff litigators. For every plaintiff attorney, there's a defense attorney.
Yabbut, the legal profession is not comprised solely or even predominantly of plaintiff litigators. For every plaintiff attorney, there's a defense attorney.
--------------------------------------------------
True, but for every litigant there is a necessary defense attorney.
No. of Recommendations: 20

I suppose trying to pass the Fairness Doctrine does not count as actions. Neither does trying to pass Gun Control. The failure of liberals to aid the Kentucky, Indiana, and Tennessee during the 2009 ice storms doesn't count either. Liberals using dead people and illegal aliens to vote probably doesn't count. Come to think of it intimidating voters with billy clubs at polling stations probably doesn't count. Pooping on police cars, assaulting people, raping women, violating city ordinances certainly do not count against liberals. Teachers bullying students (at all levels) into the proper way to think. Heck a liberal teacher that I know was just bullying some college students about how stupid they were for not supporting gun control.

You see, I understand why my claims perplex you. I do not know you. But see, you self describe yourself as belonging to the group that does all the above. You might not DO any of those things yourself but you certainly don't condemn it (at least not out loud).

In cases like this, your silence implies your support of those actions. If you want to distance yourself from the behaviors of the group to which you have self-identified with, then you need to either stop identifying with them, or condemn them vociferously when they misbehave.

Until then, I feel quite justified with painting you with this broad brush.
I suppose trying to pass the Fairness Doctrine does not count as actions. Neither does trying to pass Gun Control. The failure of liberals to aid the Kentucky, Indiana, and Tennessee during the 2009 ice storms doesn't count either. Liberals using dead people and illegal aliens to vote probably doesn't count. Come to think of it intimidating voters with billy clubs at polling stations probably doesn't count. Pooping on police cars, assaulting people, raping women, violating city ordinances certainly do not count against liberals. Teachers bullying students (at all levels) into the proper way to think. Heck a liberal teacher that I know was just bullying some college students about how stupid they were for not supporting gun control.

You see, I understand why my claims perplex you. I do not know you. But see, you self describe yourself as belonging to the group that does all the above. You might not DO any of those things yourself but you certainly don't condemn it (at least not out loud).

In cases like this, your silence implies your support of those actions. If you want to distance yourself from the behaviors of the group to which you have self-identified with, then you need to either stop identifying with them, or condemn them vociferously when they misbehave.

Until then, I feel quite justified with painting you with this broad brush.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Jim2B Is Already One Of Your Favorite Fools
--------------------------------------------------------
I like posts that condense many years of liberal lies into a neat package, that's why i liked your post, it's soooo hard to remember all the distortions and mistruths, isaw's post from VDH is a great synopsis:

Government

The state can never be too big. Ensure that it is unaccountable and intrusive, in constant need of more money and more targets to regulate. The more government, the more people are shielded from the capital-creating, free-market system. Think the DMV or TSA, not Apple. The point is for an employee to spend each labor hour with less oversight, while regulating or hampering profit-making, rather than competing with like kind to create material wealth. Regulatory bodies are a two-fer: the more federal, union employees, the more regulations to hamper the private sector. The more federal mandates, like new healthcare requirements and financial reporting, the less employers profit and the fewer employees they can hire. Washington should be a growth city, absolutely immune from the downturn elsewhere, a sort of huge and growing octopus head with decaying tentacles. State jobs should be redefined as something partisan — whose expansion is noble and helps the helpless, and whose contraction is evil and the design of a bitter and aging white private-sector class.

On the other end of the equation, ensuring 50 million on food stamps, putting over 80,000 a month on Social Security disability insurance, and extending unemployment insurance to tens of millions all remind the jobless that life is not too bad (thanks to the government), and certainly a lot better than working at a “low-paid” job that equates to giving up federal support. To paraphrase Paul Krugman, the more and the longer the jobless receive, the less likely they are to take chances looking for a job. That too might be again a good thing if you wish to slow down the economy. In general, even Arnold Toynbee, a man of the Left, acknowledged that the greedy drive of the scrambling private sector was not as pernicious to civilizations as the collective ennui produced by vast cadres of lethargic and unaccountable public “servants” doing supposedly noble work.

The Law

To ensure capriciousness and unpredictability for both suspect employers and investors, make the law malleable, even unpredictable from day to day, in the style of an Argentina or Venezuela. Redefine the law as what is deemed socially useful. For federally subsidized bankrupt auto companies, creditors should be paid back on the basis not of contractual law, but of nobility — why borrow to give a rich man a return on his superfluous investment, when a retired auto worker might have to pay a higher healthcare premium? Boeing wants to open a non-union plant in South Carolina? Have the NLRB try to stop it (and illegally staff the NLRB with recess appointments[3]). Illegal aliens? They are neither illegal nor aliens, as federal immigration law is itself a capricious construct. Does the Senate really have to present a budget? Do presidents need to meet budget deadlines? Who said there is a Defense of Marriage Act?

What law says that gays cannot serve overtly in the military or women cannot fight at the front — some reactionary construct? The point is to restore a simulacrum of popular sovereignty: the law is what 51% of the people are perceived by technocrats to want on any given day. I would hammer away at legal fictions like the very idea of borrowing and paying back loans and debts. Soon the popular culture would respond in kind, and run ads constantly on radio, TV, and the Internet in a way rare just a generation ago: how to renegotiate IRS debt, how to renegotiate mortgages[4], how to renegotiate credit card debt, and how to renegotiate student loan debt[5].

The man who owes $50,000 has been taken advantage of; the man who is owed $50,000 already has enough without being paid back. The aim is to create a general climate where when one borrows, one does not necessarily have to the pay back[6] the full sum for a variety of legitimate considerations. The more bubbles — housing, student loan, credit card — the more avenues for government intervention and relief. Do all that and perhaps lending itself might slow down, again not a bad thing for our purposes. The debtor, not the lender, is the true American success, as our collective debt underscores.

Cynicism

Don’t forget the value of cynicism in weakening an economy. It is a critical tool in sowing distrust and fatalism, as in “Why try, when it doesn’t matter anyway?” or “Why should I follow the rules, when they don’t?”[7] Greece, for example, is a cynical country to the core and one can see where such endemic distrust got them: a successfully ruined economy.

I would lecture about the evils of federal bailouts to Wall Street fat cats who then take million-dollar bonuses for mediocre performance — and then appoint a Treasury secretary who did just that[8]. I would trash offshore accounts as something amoral and unpatriotic — and then appoint a Treasury secretary who did just that[9]. I would lecture about paying your fair share and hiking taxes — and then appoint a Treasury secretary who avoided paying the income taxes he owed. I would sermonize on the evils of the revolving door — and then appoint as my top financial officials those who for a lifetime have gone into the White House, out to Wall Street, and back into the White House[10]. Again, if “they” do that, why then do “we” need to pay our taxes or follow ethical behavior? The cynical mindset is a valuable tool in recreating a Greece or Italy. Indeed, almost any cynicism is a good thing: so why not praise federal financing of campaigns and then be the first to refuse it, or campaign on the evils of the Bush anti-terrorism protocol and then embrace or expand almost all of it?

Top Down, Not Bottom Up

Leveling must go in one direction, not two. To ensure equality, the public schools should lower standards so that all are the same. The more who need remediation upon entering college, the more likely the curriculum will have to adjust to level the playing field, and the less skilled will emerge the average graduate. The more that those with “Cadillac” insurance plans can have procedures rationed, the more others will see their own options expanded.

The world is a finite system, a pie with only so many slices. There is no middle class, just rich and poor. For each F student, an A student stole the former’s resources. I would invest not in honor students, but in remedial ones. Grades and test scores should count little for college admission; life “experiences” and community service far better would ensure the presence of mediocre students. The aim again is not to turn out graduates with expertise or knowledge who build a strong economy, but to graduate students, brand them with degrees, and ensure they are invested in a similar ideology of redistribution. If California — of Caltech and Stanford repute — can dumb down its public schools to rank 48th or 49th in the nation in math or English testing, then there is hope for the country at large.

The War of Words

Prosperity is always relative, never absolute. A car, a house, or a job is not to be judged on its own merits, but in comparison to someone else who has one better. If today’s Kias are better than a Mercedes of 20 years ago, it matters little: they are not as nice as someone else’s Mercedes of today. Britain in the postwar 1940s discovered the power of envy and what it can do to slow down ill-won prosperity[11].

From Plato to Marx to Tocqueville, philosophical minds, for both good and bad reasons, have always appreciated that human nature is attracted to the idea of enforced equality, to such a degree that most would rather be poor and the same, than better off with some far better off. Let’s give them that chance!

I would try to redefine the entire capitalist notion of profit, getting ahead, and being rich or successful as something arbitrary. Better yet, it should be analogous to cheating, proof of unfairness, or incurring general shame. The point is to make profit-making synonymous with failure; and poverty something inherently noble. Compensation should be seen as capricious, never based on logical requisites like education, knowledge, experience, level of responsibility, hard work, personal comportment, or even the less predictable such as health, luck, fate, and chance. Redefine rich and poor to emphasize the fact that one making $20,000 a year and another $200,000 is unfair, period — and to be corrected by a fair, all-knowing, and compassionate government. I would talk always of poverty and hunger, never of the epidemic of obesity or the nation’s collective youth glued to iPhones.

Sometimes, sloppy language is critical: jumble together “millionaires” with those worth 1,000 times more, and you earn the force-multiplying evil “millionaires and billionaires.” The word “fair” is critical: as in “pay your fair share.” But “patriotic” is even better, as in “unpatriotic” past presidents[12] who run up debt, and “patriotic” present egalitarians who borrow in four years what used to take eight.

I would also redefine entire professions in negative terms: bankers are “fat cats”; the rich “junket” to Las Vegas; CEOs are “corporate jet owners”; doctors lop off limbs and yank out tonsils to pile up profits. Material wealth alone defines us. Mitt Romney is a man with lots of money, a big house with an elevator, a wife with horses. Who cares what he did with the Olympics or as governor?

I could continue, but you get the picture: the point is to slow down the capitalists by making them look over their shoulders[13], to hamper the grasping small businesses by prepping a psychological battlefield in which the rich deserve higher taxes and regulations to atone for their sins. If lots of those who once made $400,000 a year no longer do, is that not progress? Did they not at last realize that they had made enough money and that it was no longer the time to profit? My goal would be to convince the pizza-parlor owner that after 12 hours on the job, he was taking away money from his noble customers and had a duty to pay more in taxes and cut his profits for those more noble who could not afford his crust. But there would be one exception: fat cats can buy exemption by loudly supporting the president, serving on his jobs council, or investing in green energy. In other words, send the message that getting rich building a Solyndra is noble in a way Exxon is not. A Warren Buffett or George Soros is not a “billionaire” but a “philanthropist,” whose profits are channeled in the right direction. That’s an important message to send if one wants to warp an economy — suggesting that the rich can pay proper homage and thereby win exemption from being culpably rich.

Everywhere a War

The rich/poor dichotomy is valuable, but perhaps not enough in itself to harm the economy. Political stasis is also critical. Think the blues and greens in the hippodrome, fighting over everything from religion and civil service to class, ethnicity, and sports. And what better way to seed acrimony and to ensure constant bickering than unleashing a series of domestic wars? The camouflaged assault-weapon killers who hide behind the 2nd Amendment are at war with millions of innocent children. Even female celebrities and lawyers are under attack by misogynists and chauvinists, who won’t pay for their birth control. Latinos are targeted by nativists. The latter even hunt them down at ice-cream parlors. Blacks are back to near slavery as racist conservatives want to put them back in chains. Greens battle nobly against the polluters, gays against the homophobes. Muslims are demonized as terrorists by racists and bigots.

The point would be to introduce so many divisive fault lines that no one can much agree on anything — other than a common enemy. Worry over unemployment, slow or nonexistent growth, and massive debt gives way to more pressing issues like gay marriage and banning semi-automatic assault weapons. Distraction is valuable: who cares that the real unemployment rate is way over 10% if the Keystone pipeline will destroy the Nebraska aquifer or Jim Crow is back on election day? A “jobless recovery” and the “misery index” can become artifacts of a distant era.

Deficits

I would borrow as much money as possible, to the point of making the word “trillion” synonymous with the old “billion,” and “billion” now not more than a mere “million.” On its coins, a fading Rome pressed bronze over a thin silver core; we have done better with the Fed. Think of all the ways in which deficits are good: they spread the wealth through greater entitlements; they eventually require higher taxes from the wealthy; they usually lead to inflation that erodes wrongly accumulated wealth. For every trillion borrowed, there is a greater likelihood that the deserving will receive more federal largess and the undeserving will have to pay for it — and the country itself will slow down and smell the roses. Is it not far preferable for the government to print money than the cumbersome private sector to create it?

Interest

Zero interest is as important as sky-high interest. Thus, 1% on passbook accounts can be as valuable in stalling the economy as 15%. If there is no gain in stored wealth, why seek to store it? If owing is better than being owed, why work to create capital? A good way to ensure inflation is to ensure zero interest. The many who have no money deserve the use of free money and the few who have it have no need to profit from it. Again, if the state employee’s pension pays out more in annual revenue than the multi-millionaire’s passbook account, is not that a distortion worth institutionalizing? The point would be to guide the retiree into real estate, precious metals, or the stock market, anywhere with real risk to beat his .5% passbook return. Or better yet, do away with the idea of the retiree altogether, as the poor fool keeps working to earn what his savings won’t — thereby providing an added benefit of keeping his would-be younger replacements jobless.

Energy

I would try to find a way to discourage private gas and oil production through more regulation and cancellation of projects like the Keystone pipeline: keep the country paying steep import fees and keep it vulnerable to Persian Gulf oil. New technologies like fracking and horizontal drilling are to be declared de facto synonymous with pollution and destroying the environment. How can energy “skyrocket” or gas reach “European levels”[14] — that alone will ensure a cooler planet or government- and union-run mass transit — if freelancers can find hoards of natural gas on land the government can’t touch? I would also borrow billions to subsidize wind and solar power. The more costly the kilowatt, the more expensive energy might slow down human activity and finally stop the rat race.

Success Is Failure

Finally, I would double down. The more higher taxes, class warfare, bigger government, borrowing, zero interest, and political stasis began to slow down the economy, the more I would demand more of them all, and declare that the economy is expanding and growing. Again, the key to fine tuning a properly moribund economy is to stay the course — and learn to redefine failure as success.
-----------------------------------------------------
I can't see how anyone would vote for this. It's obvious, i don't care if Beyonce is at the Whitehouse, it can't last. His budget spends MORE! than last year!
You're making me cry again. *sigh*

-----------------------------
30% conservative or liberal?

30+ Conservative, but again it is the NY metro area, so I expect we skew a little liberal, I would say higher, but I know that certain quarters like legal aid skew 200 percent liberal.
By the same logic, are you not a member of the group of people that refused to aid the northeast when it was recently wiped out? Passing laws that made it difficult for tens of thousands of college students and minorities to vote by using fraud by a few people as an excuse? Are you defining some rapist during the occupy Wall Street movement as representative of liberals? By that logic, can I not accuse you of condoning the shooting of a Congresswoman in the face? You now have liberals and conservatives trying to get reasonable background checks passed? May I assume that you are one of the crazies who oppose ALL gun regulation, even if properly enforced background checks will save some lives just like properly enforced dui laws save some lives?

I refuse to sink to your standard and paint you with that brush even though I have far more paint to work with.

Quite frankly, as hateful as some posters are at PA, they do not hold a candle to this board in terms of making up reasons to hate people they don't know.

What this board does is take the worst of the worst and use it to justify its own behavior. And your post, with all the recs, is proof of that.

It's weird.
May I assume that you are one of the crazies who oppose ALL gun regulation, even if properly enforced background checks will save some lives just like properly enforced dui laws save some lives?

Apparently we can assume that you are incapable of thinking beyond stage one and understanding that making it harder and harder for people to defend themselves with firearms leads to MORE deaths, not fewer. Where's my proof? Name one place where there were fewer murders after gun buns were enacted vs. before. One. Anywhere on the planet. Good luck... no such place exists. Murders either go up a little bit or a lot, but they NEVER go down after gun bans are enacted. It's true in England, it's true on Australia (which didn't have a gun ban per se, more of a buyback and they're back up to near the same level of gun ownership as before the buyback interestingly enough), etc. The top ten countries for murders per capita? All have gun bans in place.

What is YOUR justification for violating the rights of people to own guns? You don't like them. That's pretty much the only reason you can have, and frankly it's not good enough. I don't like the crap you spew, but I sure as hell don't want your right to spew it taken away. Your not liking the fact that I and millions of other Americans can arm ourselves for self-defense doesn't give you the power to disarm us. Quite the opposite, it's people like YOU who prove we have and need the right to keep and bear arms!
No. of Recommendations: 13
Are you defining some rapist during the occupy Wall Street movement as representative of liberals?
Two words, "Tea Party". Did the left make up a lie about the tea party as being racist and then run with the lie? Er, yepper they did. Did they call them teabaggers simply because they wanted a smaller gov't, er, yepper. The fact is the right has alot of good reasons to dislike the occupy movement, i could go get a list of all the crimes and get the interviews and show their entitlement mentality and lack of knowledge, but why bother. Fact is the left is much more hateful, there really is no disputing it.
Why do you think Occupy Wall Street was a liberal movement?
because of the marxist signs and literature.
"Why do you think Occupy Wall Street was a liberal movement?
"because of the marxist signs and literature.

Does not your reasoning match the reasoning of those who saw the "Niggar" and "Save White America" and "Monkey" and so on to describe tea partiers as racists?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S38VioxnBaI&list=PL95B7D2...
No. of Recommendations: 8
Does not your reasoning match the reasoning of those who saw the "Niggar" and "Save White America" and "Monkey" and so on to describe tea partiers as racists?
------------------------------------------------
Eh, not signs i would carry but i would put them as pretty damn tame, the "niggar" sign was equating taxpayers to "niggars" not calling Obama one, not a good sign, not very tasteful to say the least. The "monkey" sign was "monkey see, monkey spend", again, not tasteful, but i could see the same stuff when Bush was president. Some of those signs that they used as examples of being racist didn't seem racist to me, maybe i'm not as good as picking out dog whistle code as some. Also there were alot of plants in the crowd, i posted one instance awhile back about a guy carrying around an Obama is Hitler sign at a St. Louis tea party rally, and then handing out literature for a democrat candidate for congress later on that day. There were also LaRouche democrats carrying Obama with a Hitler moustache signs. I also remember one guy with a racist sign that other tea party people told to go away and it was found out he was a liberal. I'm not saying there aren't any racist tea party people, but i bet it's the same as in any other population, and i bet they don't have their own tv show.

The difference between the two is there's no racism in the Tea Party agenda, it's about smaller gov't, and "Taxed Enough Already. The occupy movement is all about redistribution and marxism, it's in their literature. Tea Party people just want to be left alone, the occupy people are the opposite, they want to rifle through your pockets to redistribute.

Here in Ann Arbor it was, mostly. The same hippies protesting Bush when he was President were protesting Wall Street in the Occupy movement in town. The only other people in their camps were homeless guys who found a group of saps to give them a place to sleep which had fewer rules than the homeless shelters (which ban booze, much to the homeless dudes' dismay). The homeless guys offered to "guard" the camps while the occupiers marched around or went to their Womyn's Studies classes (which, again... they weren't conservatives or libertarians in those cases!). The homeless guys then helped themselves to whatever was in the camps, though they did keep other homeless guys out of their "turf" so I suppose they weren't entirely lying.

I for one didn't have any problem with this set-up. The hippies were all confined to one area, so were the homeless dudes who usually cause me nothing but headaches as a crime analyst (and they were both outside our jurisdiction, even better!) The hippy saps were being victimized by the very people they were "fighting for", and the cognitive dissonance that resulted (for the hippies) lead to quite a bit of schadenfreud on my part I do have to say.

What didn't change? The way the world works. Why? Because it works pretty damn well for the most part, tearing it down for a libtard utopia wouldn't make it any better at all, quite the opposite.
The difference between the two is there's no racism in the Tea Party agenda, it's about smaller gov't, and "Taxed Enough Already. The occupy movement is all about redistribution and marxism, it's in their literature. Tea Party people just want to be left alone, the occupy people are the opposite, they want to rifle through your pockets to redistribute.

Ah, but limited government IS racist don't you know! After all, minorities can't be expected to take care of themselves... so denying them the government support that they're "entitled" to is racist!

Yes, I know, if you boil down the libtard argument it's so blatantly racist that they should immediately be struck by lightening every time they accuse anyone else of racism but in order to understand why they think the Tea Party is racist you have to peer into their twisted minds to see what they actually think is racism. Looking through that prism the Tea Party is racist... but you need to have a screw loose to look at it that way, lol!
Tea Party people just want to be left alone, the occupy people are the opposite, they want to rifle through your pockets to redistribute.

Yeah, but the Occupy folks also do want to just be left alone while they rifle through your pocket

As the left said over and over and over again once the Occupy Movement was soundly shown as being a bunch of losers, hey they want the same thing as the Tea Party, they are almost the same organization -- I guess the only obvious difference is just one group hasn't learned how to use a toilet.
After all, minorities can't be expected to take care of themselves... so denying them the government support that they're "entitled" to is racist!

Uncle Sam's Plantation: How Big Government Enslaves America's Poor and What We Can Do About It

http://www.amazon.com/Uncle-Sams-Plantation-Government-Ensla...

The United States would have to be totally dismantled to get rid of those who pursue their dreams, achieve their goals and reach a state of wealth.

Hey, wait...
I refuse to sink to your standard and paint you with that brush even though I have far more paint to work with.

Only if you lie. Frankly, I'm surprised you're not inclined to go down that path.

Quite frankly, as hateful as some posters are at PA, they do not hold a candle to this board in terms of making up reasons to hate people they don't know.

Hating actions is different than hating people, and believing people to be clueless is not the same as hating them. You seem to be having trouble with those concepts. But to your main point, what are we 'making up'? That Obama is clueless and damaging the country? That the Democratic Party is quite happy keeping minorities on the dole so that they keep voting Democrat? That's called 'opening one's eyes'.

What this board does is take the worst of the worst and use it to justify its own behavior. And your post, with all the recs, is proof of that.

Recs are proof of nothing except that there are a lot of morons over at PA. We still hope some will attain enlightenment.
2828: "The occupy movement is all about redistribution and marxism, it's in their literature."

The starting point for most OWS'ers was outrage at the banking bailouts which was pretty much the opposite of what you claim here.

You seem to be able to simultaneously take numerous examples of tea party racists as exceptions to the rule and then turn around and take a few OWS signs and depict them as proof of whatever steretype you already hold.

Which again makes my point for me.

This board is weird. One example proves the rule when y'all decide to stereotype people you don't know, and thousands of examples are exceptions to the rule when you are defending your wolfpack.

I don't expect to change the minds of any of the regulars here, but the picture you paint of yourselves is even uglier than the pictures PA'ers paint of themselves.

And at times that is no small feat.
No. of Recommendations: 29
This board is weird. One example proves the rule when y'all decide to stereotype people you don't know, and thousands of examples are exceptions to the rule when you are defending your wolfpack.
-------------------------------------------------------
Learn damn it! Learn!

5/1/12: FBI Arrests Five Protesters Associated with Occupy Cleveland in Bomb Plot
The FBI arrested five men who were planning to bomb a bridge over Cuyahoga Valley National Park. The men are self-described members of Occupy Cleveland.

5/1/12: May Day in New York
Over 50 protesters were arrested over the course of the day in New York. Protesters were arrested for attempting to block traffic in midtown and on the bridges into Manhattan. There were also multiple arrests after members of the “Black Bloc” Wildcat march assaulted journalists who attempted to take pictures of them. Around 10 P.M., violence broke out in Lower Manhattan as police enforced the curfew on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Plaza, leading to clashes with protesters.

5/1/12: Violence in Seattle
In Seattle, more than a dozen protesters were arrested after violent attacks on local businesses. Seattle police recovered homemade incendiary devices from the scenes of the attacks. Vandals in Seattle smashed the entrances to the Niketown and American Apparel stores.

5/1/12: Occupy SF
Protesters attacked a row of small businesses in San Francisco on Monday. Over 100 masked protesters launched paint bombs at the Mission Police Station, and smashed windows and cars on Valencia Street.

11/21/11: Occupy London Cited for Defecation, Drugs, and Sex Offenders
The City of London Corporation has filed documents as part of an effort to evict the protesters from St. Paul’s Cathedral. According to the police, “members of the camp [have been] continually urinating through the fence of the Chapter House and the Cathedral itself.” There have also been arrests for “possession of a bladed article, failing to register a new address under the Sexual Offences Act, theft, assault (on) police, breach of bail, breach of the peace, (being) drunk and disorderly and possession of drugs.” Remember, this is all taking place within St. Paul’s Cathedral, one of the most important historical landmarks in England.

11/21/11: Police Arrest 15 at Occupation of Bank of America in Massachusetts
On Monday, 350 people protested foreclosures at a branch of Bank of America in Springfield, Massachusetts. Seven people were arrested for sitting down in the bank and refusing to leave, while eight others were arrested for blocking access to the exits or the ATMs. All 15 were charged with trespassing. A spokesman for the protesters demanded, “end all no-fault evictions and reduce principal on loan modifications to the current value.”

11/20/11: Violence and Illegal Guns at Occupy Wall Street
The NYPD arrested Joshua Fellows, 32, of Youngstown, Ohio, for criminal possession of a weapon. He had been driving around Wall Street with an unregistered .45 caliber handgun and 32 rounds of ammunition. Four other protesters were arrested this weekend: Zach Breur, 22, was arrested for allegedly groping the breasts and buttocks of a 22-year-old woman. He was charged with two counts of forcible touching. Michael Doe, a homeless man, was arrested for tampering with the Christmas lights in the park. Another homeless man was also arrested for throwing an unknown liquid into the eyes of a police officer. Finally, Star Bun, 24, of Brooklyn, was arrested for trying to bring sleeping gear into Zuccotti Park. She was charged with criminal trespass and resisting arrest.

11/20/11: Bomb Threat at Occupy Fort Myers
Ryan Komosinski, 22, of Cape Coral, Florida, was arrested for threatening to bomb the Fort Myers police department. After a Facebook search, the police found a comment posted by Komosinksi that announced: “I’m bombing the FMPD, [expletive] them.” Komosinski was reportedly enraged over the arrest of fellow protester Constance Galati, who was arrested on Thursday for trespassing, resisting arrest, and assaulting an officer. But not to worry, fellow protesters insist that Ryan Komosinksi is “a very good kid.”

11/19/11: Occupy Santa Cruz Connected with 93 Complaints, Including 200 Pounds of Human Waste
Santa Cruz county officials have released a list of 93 complaints of illegal and destructive behavior by the Occupy protesters near the county’s main office and courthouse. County workers have documented “drug and alcohol use, public urination and defecation, littering, bathing in county restrooms, fights and more.” The Occupy Santa Cruz movement has gained notoriety following “the discovery of an estimated 200 pounds of human feces near the county Veterans Memorial Building.” The county was forced to call in a HAZMAT team to deal with the removal of the waste.

11/18/11: Woman Assaulted for Refusing to Join Occupy Protest at UC Berkeley
A female student was assaulted by a man at UC Berkeley after she refused to join the protest on Sproul Plaza. The suspect yelled, “people like you are the reason that California is in debt,” and then threw a full aluminum bottle at the woman’s face. The student called the police, who were unable to locate the suspect on the scene.

11/17/11: 275 Arrested at Occupy Wall Street
Two hundred and seventy five protesters were arrested for attempting to storm Wall Street to shut down the stock exchange and for blocking traffic on the Brooklyn Bridge. Seven police officers were injured, including one who was slashed with broken glass.

11/17/11: Occupy Wall Street Protesters Threaten Children
Occupy Wall Street protesters threatened small children, some as young as four, as they attempted to get to school. The children were forced to walk a gauntlet in between screaming protesters and the police as they attempted to reach their school. Some of the protesters yelled, “Follow those kids,” and attempted to frighten their parents.

11/17/11: Police Evict Occupy Dallas
Eighteen protesters were arrested as police evicted Occupy Dallas’s encampment. Dallas authorities said the situation had become “untenable” after “the arrests of almost two dozen demonstrators for blocking the entrance to a bank, arrest of a participant charged with failing to register as a sex offender and sexual assault of a child after being accused of having sex with a 14-year-old runaway at the camp, arrests for assault and public intoxication and a 9-month-old child taken into protective custody after the parents were living the campsite with the child.”

11/17/11: 14 Arrested for Blocking Bridge at Occupy St. Louis
Fourteen protesters were arrested at the entrance to the Martin Luther King Bridge in St. Louis. They were protesting in solidarity with other movements across the country. Uniformed members of the SEIU helped direct the protest. The protesters were joined by the Teamsters, United Autoworkers, American Postal Workers, and other union members.

11/16/11: 16 Arrested at Occupy Cincinnati Following Visit by Jesse Jackson
Sixteen protesters were arrested at Occupy Cincinnati following a visit by Rev. Jesse Jackson. Fifteen protesters were arrested for criminal trespassing, while two were also charged with resisting arrest. Lloyd Jordan, 36, of Clifton, Illinois, was charged with disorderly conduct while intoxicated and obstructing official business after he photographed a covert police vehicle, including the license plate. The second half of Jackson’s speech was repeated by the crowd line by line: “It’s not about a place . . . it’s about a state of mind. We fight for jobs. . . . We fight for health care . . . We are determined . . .We are not going away. Move our tents . . . but not our spirit.”

11/15/11: Police Shoot Gunman at Occupy Cal
Police shot a gunman who infiltrated Berkeley’s Haas School of Business during major demonstrations at UC Berkeley. He was seen carrying a gun by a staff member in an elevator at the business school after 2 p.m. The police arrived at 2:19 p.m., and searched for the suspect in the building. Officers found the gunman in a third-floor computer room where there were at least four students. The suspect raised the gun and was shot by an officer. The protesters from Occupy Cal deny any affiliation with the man; there have been no statements from the police or the suspect so far regarding his views.

11/15/11: 5 Arrested at Occupy LA (Including for Assault and Masturbation)
Five people from the Occupy LA movement were charged on Tuesday with a variety of crimes. Farid Ahntab, 24, was charged with assault with a deadly weapon and resisting arrest for wielding a knife and as he tried to burn a food vendor. Robert Holland, Jr., 31, was charged with threatening someone with a knife and resisting arrest. Angele Chaidez, 21, has been charged with lewd conduct for allegedly masturbating on the steps of City Hall last week and exposing himself in public. Zachary Isaac, 21, was charged with battery for allegedly punching a woman in the face in her tent. Finally, Michael Howard Thomson, 51, was charged with two counts of battery and one count of resisting arrest. He tried to take a two-year-old from its parent and is accused of punching a mediator. Afterwards, he fought the officers who arrested him.

11/15/11: NYPD Clears Zuccotti Park, 200 Arrested
The New York Police Department moved in early this morning and cleared out the protesters from Occupy Wall Street. The protesters will be allowed to return to the park, but will not be allowed to bring tents or sleeping bags. The protesters fought with police officers for several hours, and there were injuries reported amongst both the police and the protesters.

11/13/11: Man Threatens Woman with Arson at Occupy Portland
Occupy Portland protester threatens to burn down the house of a woman who disagrees with him.

11/13/11: Three Men Arrested With Explosives in Connection to Occupy Portland
Three men from Occupy Portland were arrested during a traffic stop after officers suspected they had marijuana in their possession. Upon searching the vehicle, the drugs were discovered. The officers also found within the car firecrackers and two commercially made mortars inside glass canning jars. The three men “told authorities that they knew the canning jar would explode, causing glass shrapnel to fly and possibly cause injury.”

11/12/11: Woman Raped at Occupy Philadelphia
A woman was raped at the Occupy Philadelphia encampment by a man who had traveled from Michigan to join the protest. The suspect had been arrested previously for involvement in armed robberies in Kalamazoo, Michigan.

11/10/11: “Send in the Clowns,” Two Dressed as Clowns Arrested at Occupy Wall Street
Hannah Morgan and Louis Jargow were arrested for climbing the barricades surrounding the statue of the bull at Wall Street. They then performed a variety of antics before their arrest for disorderly behavior.

11/10/11: Occupy Atlanta Shelter Tests Positive for Tuberculosis
Several people at the Atlanta shelter have contracted tuberculosis. At least one of those infected has contracted the more dangerous, drug-resistant form of TB. The shelter is one of the largest encampments at Occupy Atlanta.

11/10/11: Six more arrests at Occupy Fresno
Six people were arrested last night in Fresno for failure to disperse. This brings the weekly total of arrests at Occupy Fresno to 55.

11/10/11: Sotheby’s Also Targeted by Occupy Wall Street, 8 Arrested
Eight protesters were arrested for attempting to storm Sotheby’s during its final sale of the fall season. They were there in support of the Teamsters union, which is currently engaged in a labor dispute with Sotheby’s.

11/10/11: Man Shot to Death at Occupy Oakland
A young man was shot fatally in the head outside the Occupy Oakland gathering Thursday evening. There are still no suspects or leads in the case.

11/9/11: 39 Arrests at Berkeley
Thirty-nine people were arrested at Berkeley as part of OccupyCal. Protesters set up tents despite Chancellor Robert Birgeneau’s request that they refrain. Thirty-two students and one faculty member were among those arrested. The majority of the arrests were for obstruction of justice or unlawful assembly. Two arrests were for assault and battery.

11/9/11: Occupy Wall Street Protester Assaults EMT
An EMT was injured at Occupy Wall Street. Joshua Ehrenberg, 20, of Rochester, NY, was arrested for felony assault and obstructing governmental administration for attacking the EMT. The EMT was injured when Mr. Ehrenberg’s friends, in an attempt to prevent NYPD officers from assisting the EMT, fell on either a barricade or a ladder, which trapped the EMT underneath. The EMT suffered injuries to his ankle and knee.

11/9/11: Occupy Wall Street Protester Arrested for Public Lewdness
Xavier Maslowsky, 25, was arrested for exposing himself to others at Zuccotti Park.

11/9/11: Occupy Wall Street Protesters Arrested for Blocking Sidewalk with Square-Dance Lesson
A group of 50 protesters staged a square dance on the sidewalk around the plaza at Liberty and Cedar. The revelers were told repeatedly to disperse. Zachary Kamul, 25, was given two summonses for disorderly conduct and possession of a weapon when he refused to disperse. Sebastian Posada, 24, was charged with disorderly conduct and resisting arrest when he attempted to run from police into the middle of Broadway.

11/5/11: Man Arrested at Occupy Wall Street for Urinating on an NYPD van
Edgar Rivera, 26, was arrested for relieving himself at 1:20 a.m. on an NYPD van. He attempted to escape, but was captured a half a block away. He was charged with disorderly conduct.

11/5/11: 19 Arrested at Occupy Atlanta
Protesters gathered in support of police pressure on Occupy Atlanta were subjected to arrests. Two were arrested for failing to leave Woodruff Park after the 11 p.m. close and 17 were arrested for obstructing traffic after leaving the park.

11/5/11: 20 Arrested at Occupy Wall Street
Most of the protesters were arrested for disorderly conduct, though three were arrested for assaulting a police officer. The incidents occurred at Foley Square in Lower Manhattan, near the New York State Court of Appeals. According to witnesses, police had asked the protesters to refrain from blocking the sidewalks and the stairs to the courthouse.

11/5/11: Woman arrested at Occupy LA for setting another person’s clothes on fire
She was charged with suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon.

11/5/11: Woman arrested at Occupy LA for striking a man with a tent pole
She was charged with suspicion of assault with a deadly weapon.

11/4/11: Occupy Fort Carson Protester Arrested for $10 Million Arson
Benjamin Gilmore, 29, was arrested on suspicion of arson, burglary, and criminal mischief in connection to a fire on October 24 in a construction site.

11/4/11: Occupy Wall Street protester arrested for violence in McDonald’s
Fisika Bezabeh rioted inside the McDonald’s by Wall Street at 2 a.m., when workers refused to give him free food. He tore a credit card reader from the counter and threw it at employees. Mr. Bezabeh has been charged with criminal mischief.

11/4/11: Bronx Teacher Arrested for Assaulting Police
David Suker of Bronx Regional High School was arrested for knocking a police officer off his scooter using a shopping cart. He is charged with attempted assault, disorderly conduct, resisting arrest, and obstructing governmental administration. This is his second arrest; he was previously arrested during the October 1 march across the Brooklyn Bridge.

11/4/11: Occupy DC Attacks Americans for Prosperity event
Protesters attempted to storm the building where the AFP was holding a conference. Afterwards, they assaulted two elderly women, sending them to the hospital, and blockaded the streets surrounding the building.

11/3/11: 15 Arrested Outside Goldman Sachs
Fifteen protesters were arrested outside Goldman Sachs, including Christopher Hedges of The Nation Institute and Reverend Billy of the Church of Earthalajuh. The protesters staged a trial of Goldman Sachs executives and were arrested when they proceeded to sit and block the entrance to Goldman Sachs.

11/3/11: Occupy Oakland Riots
Riot police used tear gas and other methods to disperse Occupy Oakland rioters. The protesters lit barricades on fire, hurled rocks, explosives, and other projectiles at police. Massive acts of vandalism were committed against several banks. Several dozen were eventually arrested.

11/2/11: Occupy Philadelphia takes over Comcast Headquarters
Occupy Philadelphia protesters sat in Comcast’s lobby and demanded repayment of its tax abatement. Nine were arrested for trespass.

11/2/11: Tonye Ikebutosin Arrested for Rape at Occupy Wall Street
A 26-year-old man from Crown Heights was arrested for the sexual assault and rape of a fellow Occupy Wall Street protester. He raped the 18-year-old woman after sharing a tent with her. He is also accused of sexually assaulting a 17-year-old woman after helping her set up her tent. Iketubosin has been working in the Occupy Wall Street kitchen.

10/27/11: 14 Arrested in NYC for March in Support of Occupy Oakland
Protesters took over the streets and marched through lower Manhattan, resulting in arrests for disorderly conduct, rioting, and resisting arrest.

10/25/11: 53 Arrests at Occupy Atlanta
Fifty-three people were arrested at Occupy Atlanta. Among those arrested was State Senator Vincent Fort. This was a reversal from the previous acceptance of Occupy Atlanta by Atlanta mayor Kasim Reed. Mayor Reed explained his decision by saying, “Occupy Atlanta protesters attempted to hold an unsanctioned concert over the weekend … Last week, demonstrators inserted wire hangers into electrical sockets to create additional power sources … [There has been] a persistent and dangerous disregard for public safety.”

10/25/11: 75 Arrested During Attempted Clearing of Occupy Oakland
Police arrested 75 people while attempting to disperse the Occupy Oakland encampment.

10/23/11: David Park, serial sexual assaulter, arrested
David Park, who attempted to rape several women, was finally arrested by the NYPD. The women declined to press charges, but the NYPD held him on an open-container violation.

10/22/11: NYPD arrests 30 in OWS March in Harlem
Police arrested 30 protesters, including Cornel West, for blocking the entrance to the Harlem police precinct. The protesters were demonstrating against the NYPD’s “stop and frisk” procedures.

10/14/11: 14 Arrested by NYPD in Marches Connected with Park Cleaning
Fourteen protesters arrested despite Mayor Bloomberg’s decision to halt the cleaning of the park.

10/1/11: 700 Arrested for March Across the Brooklyn Bridge
Seven hundred Occupy Wall Street protesters were arrested for disorderly conduct and blocking vehicular traffic when they proceeded to block the roadway on the Brooklyn Bridge.
------------------------------------------------------
You turn, now show me the Tea Party rap sheet. Good LORD some people are friggin', nevermind.
No. of Recommendations: 15
You turn, now show me the Tea Party rap sheet. Good LORD some people are friggin', nevermind.

99% of OWS supporters give the rest of them a bad name.
Racist homophobe misogynist!
Oh I forget, and capitalist pig!

You know... that's probably the best thing someone could ever call me, lol! Hell, it should be my TMF handle! Meh, I've had this too long to change. I'd sooner change my real name to Capitalist Pig than my handle!
No. of Recommendations: 6
May I assume that you are one of the crazies who oppose ALL gun regulation, even if properly enforced background checks will save some lives just like properly enforced dui laws save some lives?

This is another example of judging someone based upon their actions.

Clearly the grayling who posted this has low reading comprehension skills since they cannot understand this particular sentence:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Furthermore, the grayling doesn't have a rational argument to offer or this particular gem of rhetorical skill would not be necessary: ...you are one of the crazies...

Which is why that particular person is a grayling.
I think it should be Lord Colovion of the Universitee. :)

what does colovion mean anyway?
No. of Recommendations: 9
Are you defining some rapist during the occupy Wall Street movement as representative of liberals?

The honest answer is that no a single rapist should NOT be used as representative of an entire group of people.

On the other hand, the Occupy movement didn't consist of just a single rapist, did it? The Occupy movement was characterized by MANY sexual assaults, physical assaults, illegal weapons possessions, public urination and defecation, trespassing, damage to public property, damage to private property, violent confrontations with public officials, confrontations with private individuals, and many, many other offenses.

Despite these short comings, liberals accepted the Occupy Movement as representing their frustrations with Conservatives without criticizing them for their lawlessness. It is THIS particular nuance which paints liberals with the same brush as that singular rapist above.

When you have a big tent party and some of the people in the tent start raping people, then YOU SHOULD be decried as supporting rape if you continue to welcome that person into your tent.

Next time, you would be well advised to allow a civicly minded and well behaved group which cleans up after itself to represent your interests, a group like the Tea Party.
what does colovion mean anyway?

It's from a book, Russka, that I read in high school. It was the name of an anti-bolshevik revolutionary in the novel. I liked the name. When I got online in college (late 90's) I needed a handle for various websites like, well, this one. Nobody was using that name so I started using it, or variations of it. I just like the name.

Sort of like how Dr. James Grimes from Numberphile fame goes by "singingbanana" everywhere. He started using it online and it's his handle now (I recommend his YouTube channel, neat stuff!)

Because many in the democrat leadership claimed Occupy movement as an essentially liberal movement and they tried to use it as a counter-weight to the Tea Party.
"Next time, you would be well advised to allow a civicly minded and well behaved group which cleans up after itself to represent your interests, a group like the Tea Party." - Jim
-----------------

I was told by some liberal friends of mine that life in Tallahassee, Florida that the Tea Party runs The Villages near Ocala, Florida. It's a 55+ retirement village that is like Disneyland for old people. What brought it up was I had told my friends that I wanted to move to The Villages and they told me "Oh NO! You don't wan to live there, it's run by the TEA Party!" <grin!>

Here's a short video of The Villages (run by Tea Party) in Florida:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3l9GTLTX6Y

The reason I thought I'd like the Villages retirement community is because they have 100+ miles of golf cart roads. You can drive anywhere in a golf cart at the Villages.

Here's another one of my favorite Villages videos about their Golf carts;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQvom4x5MD0

They're a wild bunch!

Art
The reason I thought I'd like the Villages retirement community is because they have 100+ miles of golf cart roads. You can drive anywhere in a golf cart at the Villages.

Here's another one of my favorite Villages videos about their Golf carts;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQvom4x5MD0

They're a wild bunch!
-------------------------------------
What is it with you and golf carts <g>? You equate a successful retirement with golf carts, much like George Costanza equated eating a block of cheese the size of a car battery with livin' the high life. I worked at a golf course for 12 years, around ten of them involved parking golf carts, i certainly didn't feel that successful <g>. They are fun though.
The starting point for most OWS'ers was outrage at the banking bailouts which was pretty much the opposite of what you claim here.

Their point pretty quickly shifted to gross demonstrations of wealthy envy and entitlement screeching.
It was kind of you, 2828, to go to all the trouble to inform the naive poster who believes OWS was some kind of noble effort.

Unfortunately, I doubt your efforts will change his/her mind.
99% of OWS supporters give the rest of them a bad name.

One of my oldest friends proudly told me how much she contributed (lots!) to OWS. I have since been avoiding her like the plague.
One of my oldest friends proudly told me how much she contributed (lots!) to OWS. I have since been avoiding her like the plague.

One of my very good friends collected signatures for Obama and the later told me a number of times how she could not wait to go downtown and see the OWS Demonstrators and show solidarity.

She is a very nice person and I enjoy speaking to her on many things.

After seeing the demonstrators in downtown Manhattan I know she was disappointed. With one daughter still looking for a job after graduation and a son recently unemployed, I notice she no longer speak of Obama at all.

Lots of folks do not switch off the network's news and just know CNN is fair even if just slightly right since they were brought up reading the NY Times and still do. That doesn't make them bad people, it just makes them wrong.

Sometimes, when folks are just so far wrong there is no point in trying to help. Reality will I hope eventually get through, I know the person has a good heart and is merely information challenged. Like most of the libs I know they think that facts without analysis can get you to truth. I expect at some point she will come around, for she is not evil, and frankly liberalism as it is now defined is. I trust my friends are smart enough to be among those fooled some of the time, but not all of the time.
"What is it with you and golf carts <g>? You equate a successful retirement with golf carts, much like George Costanza equated eating a block of cheese the size of a car battery with livin' the high life. I worked at a golf course for 12 years, around ten of them involved parking golf carts, i certainly didn't feel that successful <g>. They are fun though." - 2828
-----------------

I've told this story several times before.... After my freshman year in college I dropped out and moved down to Vero Beach, Florida and was a meat cutter at the Winn Dixie on A1A. Vero Beach is and was a retirement community on the Atlantic coast of Florida about 130 miles north of Miami, Florida.

So most old fashioned meat markets had a buzzer where you could ring the butcher and ask them for special cuts. Since I was the youngest, 19 years old, I was the guy who was sent out to the front to deal with the customers. A lot of them were lonely old people who had moved to Florida and then a year or two later their spouse had died and they just wanted someone to talk to.

While trying to figure out what "special cut" they wanted they'd tell me their life story; about how they'd moved to Florida from New York or Michigan or Ohio and sold their house up North and moved away from their kids and now were all alone down in Florida and how a year after they moved there their husband had died and left them stranded in Florida and now they were all alone. So I got to hear a lot of stories about how they ended up in Vero Beach, Florida.

Anyway, on the way to work every morning I would pass a really nice retirement community that had manicured lawns, palm trees, a clubhouse out front, swimming pool, hot tub, and old people riding around on golf carts. It looked like a great life to me. I thought those people had it made. They lived in "manufactured" homes that were always neat and well taken care of with screened in porches and air conditioners.....

While I was living in an old roach infested ranch house in an old orange grove. The house I lived in had no heat or hot water and the water came from a cistern and it was sulfur water and tasted like rotten eggs. I got to stay there for free because Leverette, the old fart who owned it, was a beekeeper with my brother and he just wanted someone there to look after it to keep people from stealing stuff.

So I equate riding around on golf carts with being retired and being successful. It looks so trouble free. Just hop in your golf cart and go wherever you want and if you can afford to live in The Villages more than likely you are very financially successful (multi-millionaire) and have no worries. It just looks like the place to be!

I've been an old geezer at heart since my mid 40's. I've wanted to be retired and live in a 55+ retirement community since I was nineteen years old. Swimming pool, hot tub, and I don't have to take care of the damn things!

Art
"It was kind of you, 2828, to go to all the trouble to inform the naive poster who believes OWS was some kind of noble effort. Unfortunately, I doubt your efforts will change his/her mind." Catherine
------------

Exactly. It's called "confirmation bias".

http://amnap.blogspot.com/2007/04/confirmation-bias.html

"And a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest..." The Boxer - Paul Simon

Art
I've been an old geezer at heart since my mid 40's. I've wanted to be retired and live in a 55+ retirement community since I was nineteen years old. Swimming pool, hot tub, and I don't have to take care of the damn things!

It's funny you sound a lot like my dad in this one line of thinking

HE lived out his dream, and within about a year hated the place. It seems once he was no longer working and around people all the time, he realized people are no damn good.

Moved to a place where he had a 1/4 acre on a canal leading out to Lake Okachobe and where he could fish from his backyard without seeing a neighbor.

Lawn was never perfect after that, in fact he found doing the work around the place 'not too bad'. Which for the world's laziest man was a heck of an admission!

Place he lived, Wasn't the same quality as the Villages though, so who knows.

I like the idea of just living someplace with no demands, but hate having neighbors too close.
"Place he lived, Wasn't the same quality as the Villages though, so who knows. I like the idea of just living someplace with no demands, but hate having neighbors too close." - lowstudent

I am very extroverted and very affable and usually agree with everybody. I just sit there and grin and go along to get along.

Since I don't think it matters what we believe in the end I really don't care that much what anyone thinks or believes. It's all just so much dross in the end.

I do enjoy eating with folks though. Eating is very social. Like a great big party with lots of good food. That's living to me.

Art
I do enjoy eating with folks though. Eating is very social. Like a great big party with lots of good food. That's living to me.

Oh man, you woulda loved where my folks lived.

There was always someone coming around with food. Probably because my mom was a great cook, so they would make out on the quid pro quo<grin>.

Funny thing about my dad. Funniest guy in the room, always drew a crowd at parties, and just hated having anything but family around.

Me? I love sharing thoughta, even belligerently<grin> with folks who are fairly smart, but little tolerance for dishonesty, so most people suck.

As far as eating with folks? Well, as long as they don't get too close to my mouth they should be fine<grin>
Did the left make up a lie about the tea party as being racist

Nope that's the truth, Ruth.

Did they call them teabaggers simply because they wanted a smaller gov't,

Nope, that's what they called themselves, with their bags of Lipton stapled to their baseball hats, until they found out what it meant.

The little bigots can dish it out but can't take it.
Nope, that's what they called themselves, with their bags of Lipton stapled to their baseball hats, until they found out what it meant.

Just what did they dish out?

Maybe you find it ironic, libs don't get that idea either.
I worked at a golf course for 12 years, around ten of them involved parking golf carts, i certainly didn't feel that successful <g>. They are fun though --28

I used to golf with my dad and then with my son's father later on. My dad loved golf carts and I would ride around with him sometimes and it was fun. He let me drive a few times--that was even more fun.

My husband and I walked. I liked walking because whenever we took up golfing I would almost immediately lose 5 pounds and soon be as thin as a rail without even thinking about it. My mate used to golf after work by himself, usually 9 holes, sometimes a whole 18, just to practice for the weekend with his foursome. If I didn't feel like playing I would walk around with him, especially at Lincoln Park where the course overlooks the Golden Gate Bridge and the Pacific Ocean. Sometimes I'd just sit in the car reading, or in the clubhouse if it was mostly empty and quiet. I read Cannery Row in the car waiting for a golf game to end, and my first Nero Wolf series by the great Rex Stout.

We would drive all over northern California for him to try a new golf course, including spending many long holiday weekends in Carmel/Monterey--my favorite golf course place. My dad loved Furnace Creek, down in southern California, Death Valley, hotter than blazes. Furnace Creek has been known to get up to 134 degrees F. His foursome from Washington State would spend at least a week golfing in the Furance Creek area every year. Crazy. They also liked the Monterey Bay Area golf courses and would come down for that too. For a few years we would join them in Monterey and Carmel, but never in Furnace Creek. It was concession enough to get me down to Disney Land annually with my dislike of hot weather, never mind Furnace Creek. I did drive through Death Valley a few times on my way here and there and with air conditioning.

We have a little golf course and clubhouse a couple miles south of Chadron. People seem to enjoy it. I see golf team wins, losses, tournament results in the Chadron Record now and then, and photographs. A friend of my mother's, who worked for years at the local drugstore, took up golfing and started hanging with a golf crowd after they opened the course. That crowd throws a little money around, more than she and her husband had, and I guess she wanted to keep up. Anyway she was caught pilfering from the drugstore and had evidently been doing it for quite some time--she was well liked and had worked for the owner there for umpteen years which may be one reason she wasn't arrested but it embarrassed her and her good husband and they made what restitution they could and then moved to New Mexico to be near her daughter, although I have seen her once or twice since coming back. We always smile and hug and talk about my mom and she tells me how her grandkids are doing. She's a generous sort--she used to bring tricycles and later bicycles and balls and games and all kinds of things to the house when my son and I would come back to visit--things for my boy to do. It was great. Too bad golf sort of did her in for Chadron.

The same kind of thing happened to a good friend's mom. She worked for Rockwell's Plumbing for many years and it finally became known that she had been stealing some from the owner for ages. He too didn't press charges; she just lost her job and worked out whatever she worked out with him--it was different with her though--she didn't leave town--and later on she became treasurer of the Women's Legion Auxilarily and would write me every year asking for my mother's dues after my mom couldn't see anymore and I was handling all her financial affairs from San Francisco. Every time I sent off a check to Marlena I wondered if it was going into the American Legion bank account or into her own.

These kinds of things happen all the time around here. Someone who works as the bookkeeper, receptionist, takes on all those kinds of tasks for a business, or a bank, a government office, or an organization is always getting caught here in Chadron and other towns around western Nebraska too. And they are always women. I invested a little money with a local Edward Jones office when I first moved back. It was money for a municipal bond for a building project at the college and the guy promised me I would get my whole investment back in 7 years and during that 7 years every 6 months I would get a check for $350. One time about half way into the 7 years my check did not arrive. I called the office and spoke with the woman who worked there. She claimed it was some kind of error from headquarters and eventually I got my check. You have to keep an eye on these women who keep the books around here.

Other than that the muni bond went just as he said. That was actually a good deal looking at the kind of interest I get now on cds and savings accounts.

Back to our local golf course--right now the course is buried underneath a bunch of snow and nobody is golfing. I got out well enough yesterday to get to the clinic--it was almost deserted. I was so smart to get there and get my lab work done because now all next week everyone will be trying to get in to get their stuff done and make their appointments that should have been kept this week. We may have another snow storm coming in though. I don't know where my man who shovels will put any more snow from the sidewalks and driveway but it looks like it might warm up this weekend--that will take care of some of it.

Spring is here, I can feel it, even with piles of shoveled snow taller than the hat on the top of my head.
No. of Recommendations: 15
Did they call them teabaggers simply because they wanted a smaller gov't,

You don't find it a wee bit childish to call old ladies with tea bags stapled to their hats "teabaggers" because they aren't down with gay street slang and didn't realize the alternative meaning? LOL. Come see me next time the left is calling for civility.
I don't expect to change the minds of any of the regulars here, but the picture you paint of yourselves is even uglier than the pictures PA'ers paint of themselves.

And at times that is no small feat.

heh.

there are posters on this board i would be honestly afraid to meet in real-life ...

which i hesitate to say because i'm sure it pleasures them no end.
there are posters on this board i would be honestly afraid to meet in real-life ...

which i hesitate to say because i'm sure it pleasures them no end.
------------------------------------------------------
Yeah, we're all crazy here <twitch>.

You know... that's probably the best thing someone could ever call me, lol! Hell, it should be my TMF handle! Meh, I've had this too long to change. I'd sooner change my real name to Capitalist Pig than my handle!

----------

That reminds me. MadCap hasn't been around in a while. That guy knew his economics and I always enjoyed his posts schooling the DRW's. I gained a lot of perpsective in the process too.
What is it with you and golf carts <g>? You equate a successful retirement with golf carts, much like George Costanza equated eating a block of cheese the size of a car battery with livin' the high life. I worked at a golf course for 12 years, around ten of them involved parking golf carts, i certainly didn't feel that successful <g>. They are fun though. - 2828

---------------

I have a golf cart in my plans too. I want one that has been ruggedized with the knobby wheels and high suspension for running around land 2.0, hauling stuff, etc. It's a half mile from barn 2.0 to the road out front. Further than I want to walk to get the mail.

And I think it will be fun to just cruise around quietly in the electric cart, especially in the evenings, enjoying the stars, the night air and serenity of country living.
It's funny you sound a lot like my dad in this one line of thinking

HE lived out his dream, and within about a year hated the place. It seems once he was no longer working and around people all the time, he realized people are no damn good.

That's the downside of retirement community living. DH and I thought we might like that life, but it's a cookie cutter existence. A neighbor might be Mr. Grumpy, or a widow who just loves to come over during the day and start in with some gossip, get nosy, rehash her life time and time again, etc., etc.

Also, with the older generation dying off, and my generation possibly being unable to retire for whatever reason, a community with too many vacancies sends your property values down and your monthly assessments through the roof.

DH and I put our house on the market not long ago, and took it off when we realized that community living was not our cup of tea. We looked and gave it all a thumbs down. The grass is not always greener as we'd like to imagine. We have lots of yard space to take care of, but that's easily fixed with getting a landscaping service to do the seasonal clean ups. The rest is easily done as long as we have the capacity to take care of these things.

On one hand, Art is a social person and would fit in quite nicely with that kind of living. On the other hand, people, too many of them in one place, are no d*mned good. Not only that, you're at the mercy of your community management team.

Ohmigod, there are people (term used loosely) on PA who deserve to be (a) locked up; or (b) institutionalized.
And I think it will be fun to just cruise around quietly in the electric cart, especially in the evenings, enjoying the stars, the night air and serenity of country living.

Maybe you'll like this instead.

Bubba Watson's hovercraft golf cart.
http://www.gizmag.com/hovercraft-golf-cart/26923/
I like Bubba Watson because he told Piers Morgan to his face that he [Morgan] is a pr*ck.
"Someone who works as the bookkeeper, receptionist, takes on all those kinds of tasks for a business, or a bank, a government office, or an organization is always getting caught here in Chadron and other towns around western Nebraska too. And they are always women." - catmeyoo

Yep, same thing happened in my wife's office when she worked at the University of Georgia. The receptionist could write checks out of petty cash and pretty soon she was buying herself stuff at different stores around Athens, Georgia. She didn't get caught for over a year and she spent some serious money. She got fired and supposedly had to pay the money back to avoid going to jail. Lot of women in prison are there for writing bad checks. They can't avoid the temptation of shopping.

Art
"A neighbor might be Mr. Grumpy, or a widow who just loves to come over during the day and start in with some gossip, get nosy, rehash her life time and time again, etc., etc. ... On one hand, Art is a social person and would fit in quite nicely with that kind of living. On the other hand, people, too many of them in one place, are no d*mned good. Not only that, you're at the mercy of your community management team." - buffalogal

--------------

Art also has Asperger's and would tell the lady that keeps complaining and griping that she was boring me and that I have absolutely no empathy for her problems and I prefer not to be around her. I'm not very good at holding my tongue for too long. The Grumpy guy wouldn't bother me because I'd just grin and ignore him. He couldn't affect me.

The only prerequisite would be that I have an unattached house where I couldn't hear the neighbors.

Art

Maybe you'll like this instead.

Bubba Watson's hovercraft golf cart.
http://www.gizmag.com/hovercraft-golf-cart/26923/

---------------

That is pretty cool. But it would have to be puncture proof to stand much of a chance around my place. It was primeval forest until I started building roads and clearing for barn 2.0. I adopted a minimalist approach to making the land accessible so most of it is still pretty rough. But then, I like it rough.
That reminds me. MadCap hasn't been around in a while. That guy knew his economics and I always enjoyed his posts schooling the DRW's. I gained a lot of perpsective in the process too.
-------------------------------------------------
I still see his posts on Facebook but i think he got discouraged from all the economic illiterates here at the fool and decided there was no point. That's not what he said, i'm just guessing.
Next time, you would be well advised to allow a civicly minded and well behaved group which cleans up after itself to represent your interests, a group like the Tea Party.

The Tea Party and OWS are about as similar as a kangaroo and a roller skate, but the left has to assert a false equivalence, because the OWS is a bunch of anarchists who have no problem committing (well-documented) assaults and property crimes, and the Tea Party is a group of people who simply want more freedom and less government. The left can't counter the argument, so they have to resort to false equivalence, personal attacks, and lies.

Another liberal who is historically challenged (another product of the teachers unions no doubt).

Boston Tea Party?

Anyone, anyone, Bueller?

Whoops can't type a liberal "rational" argument without throwing in some ad hominem attacks for emphasis!

This poster has rightfully earned the status of grayling.

Both sides, liberals and conservatives, have plenty of people that are hateful and dishonest. I just find it highly disingenuous that both sides deny their own hypocrisy.

JLC, who is neither lib nor con (nor Dem or Rep) and hates politics and politicians in general.
because of the marxist signs and literature.

Also because of the identity of the people who publicly supported the right of the protesters to occupy and damage other people's property.

Who else would poop on police cars, have sex in public, urinate in public, and leave their trash for others to pick up?

Who else would poop on police cars, have sex in public, urinate in public, and leave their trash for others to pick up?
Yes, and i love the people who try to make it out to be a protest against bank bailouts. Most of those protestors couldn't even spell "bank".
DH and I put our house on the market not long ago, and took it off when we realized that community living was not our cup of tea. We looked and gave it all a thumbs down. The grass is not always greener as we'd like to imagine. We have lots of yard space to take care of, but that's easily fixed with getting a landscaping service to do the seasonal clean ups. The rest is easily done as long as we have the capacity to take care of these things.

I remember reading of an RVing couple that decided it was time to settle down. So they bought a house in one of those retirement communities.

As they were moving in, one of their new next-door neighbors walked over and said "Welcome to God's waiting room."

They soon realized that this was an accurate description of the community. People didn't live there, they just waited to die there.

Within a month after moving in, the couple put their new house up for sale and hit the road again.