Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Hello Fools,

I've only started investing a little while ago and I happened to buy a couple of ILMN shares back in 2011. Yesterday, my online broker sends me an email saying that "A TENDER OFFER for ILLUMINA, INC. has been made by CKH ACQUISITION CORPORATION" (which is a subsidiary of ROCHE HOLDING). I am required to "submit instructions" by Feb 22nd - and frankly I have no clue what that means.

I get the general idea of a shareholder rights plan - but I am not sure what kind of instructions I am supposed to submit.

Can anyone help?

MadexCRB
Print the post Back To Top
Same boat her e- I bought in at $67 a year ago, the offer is for $42 and its trading today at $53! why sell at a loss?
Hi MadexCRB,

I got the same thing in the mail yesterday, and I too am not sure what I'm suppose to submit. Any chance you were able to get any insight on that?

Jimayer
Hey Jimayer,

A previous Stock Adviser publication ("Learn From a Master; Our New Best Buys Now" - February 10, 2012) talks a little bit about the tender offer and what the options are for current shareholders. After reading up a bit more on the whole topic, I realized that, like YoTrading said, it makes no sende whatsoever to participate in the $44.50/share offer.

I believe that ILMN will either receive a higher bid or will do just fine on its own - so I'm holding on to my shares.

As for the email I got: I submitted my reply saying "I do not want to participate in the offer". Haven't heard back since then.

We'll see :-)
Thanks so much MadexCRB!

Funny how I never got an email, but the day of "must reply by" deadline, I got a notice in the mail, which was two days ago.

Thank you thank you!!!