Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
 
No. of Recommendations: 16
I have not had a chance to express my personal elation with seeing the Rockefeller bunch, as I call them, resoundly defeated. In fact their resolution for splitting Tillerson's position received proportional less votes this time around than last year, about 0.5% lower. Not much, but less nonetheless. And the rest of the other phony proposals were also defeated.

Splitting the position was a subterfuge to force the corporation to invest in alternate energy areas which are yet to prove economic. Tillerson was clear, by 2030, renewables are going to represent but 2% of the total energy pie. The other 98% is available for Exxon to invest. What is this nonsense that the corporation is insular.

Just looking at how ethanol is becoming a bit of an embarassement, or at least it should be one for Congress and the Administration, Exxon had a lot of foresight staying away from investing in this area-- likewise solar.

But I should not gloat too much. I know these people. My Dad has warned me about these fanatics. They think they are better than the common man and the common woman, and because they feel they have superior knowledge they try to first persuade. When they fail, they bully. And when that fails, they go to court and seek to impose their way by judicial fiat (if you don't believe me... look at abortion, and now homosexual marriages ... none of those things were EVER put to a popular vote ... they were imposed by judicial fiat ...that is how liberal works... they are dangerous)

Madame Butterfly
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.