No. of Recommendations: 4
...due to the February electric bill!

We were away for a week in February, yet our bill was $156, about the same as January. But Mom was impressed as her Feb bill was $323 <egads!>, and that's in a slightly smaller house right next door, and just one person. Main difference is her thermostat is set to 75 and ours to 65--imagine that, halving the bill by wearing thick sox and sweater, sweatshirt/sweatpants or flannel shirt. And we relax upstairs in the FROG (free room over garage) this time of year, where it's warmer.

Feb was a cold month following an unseasonably warm December and January. I'm glad we were away, leaving our thermostat at 55, for one week anyway. Next year, Florida or Costa Rica or something in January-February! (OK, OK, I know that'll cost a lot more than the electric bill-) I miss coastal California's more or less year-round 60s/70s.

Speaking of living on a budget, METAR has a thread about living on $50k:

http://boards.fool.com/budget-exercise-broke-on-50kyr-305704...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.