Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3

Except it's all too real:

http://www.casi.org.uk/discuss/2000/msg00898.html

She also received >100,000 shares for ascending to Chevron's board.

Do you want someone who has an oil tanker named after them directing the foreign policy of the US? Just asking.

jeanpaulsartre
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Now that my dander is up about the Reps suing to prevent physical examination of the ballots in Florida, I may wish that the Condoleeza Rice sinks. But away from coral reefs, beaches, polar regions where it will take a zillion years for bacteria to eat the oil, and so on. Maybe in Houston. But downwind from my friend JAFO31.
No. of Recommendations: 0

Do you want someone who has an oil tanker named after them directing the foreign policy of the US? Just asking.

>>>
Professor Condoleeza Rice has been a director of Chevron since 1991.[2]
Her hardline stance on Iraq is well-documented. In a just-published
Reuter's story, she stated: ``I would expect a somewhat tougher policy
toward Iraq (than Clinton's)
, where ... Governor Bush would be committed to a decisive use of force if the opportunity ever came again.' [3]
<<<<<<<<

o good.
iirc, the Clinton policy (to be toughened by W)
was summarized:
"What do you think about the fact that thousands of children are dying because of your policies in Iraq?"

"We think it's worth it."

-jp
.....feeling better about having voted against W.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Do you want someone who has an oil tanker named after them directing the foreign policy of the US?

She will be immediately put out of that post as soon as a drunk captain runs the ship ashore on some rocky outpost of America...Geraldo and his colleagues will devote two weeks to proving the mishap her fault. We will have a congressional investigation, there will be news trucks camped outside her home - we will find out that she soiled herself in kindergarten. All in all it will be the standard American media/political circle jerk serving to dissuade any person possessing half an intellect from public service...
No. of Recommendations: 0
<Do you want someone who has an oil tanker named after them directing the foreign policy of the US? Just asking.>

Who best to pursue a policy of containment in the Persian gulf than one who has an intimate knowledge of oil tankers?

Michael

P.S. I also support Bush's suggestion that Christopher Chronic should run the DEA.