Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Should I ever get bored with this life, I'll find some part time work I enjoy. But I don't foresee that happening for a long, long time.

Billjam

I think boredom is when you realize you're wasting your own time and boredom is an indicator to do something different – not different just to occupy time but something so different that the kids and their kids say, “Whut the hell is Dad (or Mom or Grandpa or Grandmom) doin'”?”

Flibbertygibbet is honing her artistic bent. Was she a painter before? Nope. Now she is and it may not be a paint-smeared smock in a gentile environment but she could go Toulouse-Lautrec on us, bugger off to Paris and paint French 'courtesans' or turn up at City Hall saying, “I'm here to paint the ceiling. It will take 12 years.”

My kids said when I retired, “Now you can take it easy,” and I gave them the fisheye. What did they want me to do? Buy a rocker and a shawl and have people say, “Did anyone dust off Michael today?”

Possibly I am railing against the inevitable but until the inevitable, look out, I may embarrass everyone in the family as I do something they think is out of my 'sphere'. Already they're somewhat concerned because I haven't 'slowed down' but chosen to do other stuff.

Agree with you, billjam, you n' me ain't gonna be ever bored.

MichaelR

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.